Installed small windshield.. Removed it asap. lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installed small windshield.. Removed it asap. lol

Its too hot to use my full fairing so I advertised on craigslist for a small windshield. Guy had a nice one for $30. Its a small "shield" type I guess.

Installed it and went down the interstate. Had to hang on to my goggles. The buffeting was horrible. Bonus: It lifts up my shirt all around too.

Has since been removed. Bummer. I wanted something to help with the bugs at high speed.

rant mode off
    1) Fire up Internet Explorer
    2) http://www.yahoo.com
    3) type "www.mapquest.com" into the Yahoo search page.
    4) go about day as VP managing multi-million dollar financial contracts.

small 'shield

fwiw, when i bought my xs1100 special a few months ago the guy gave me a brand new national plexifairing. the kind that clamps to the front forks and attaches to the handlebars. i installed it a few days ago to try it out. works pretty well even at speed on the freeway, only went up to 80. but no shimmy or shaking at all. but it's too short for my taste and i get some buffetting but not too bad. biggest problem with it is that it bounces all the engine noise right back on to me and it is pretty annoying, even with a full face helmet and earplugs. this bike and my new hjc helmet are super quiet without the 'shield so i probably won't use it much. and it looks kinda dorky

Comment

If you take any long trips you will learn to love the fairing......

I kinda like being able to "keep an ear" on my engine so to speak. Just in case something might be going wrong.
      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Those small shields are usually adjustable, for that very reason. Play with the angle and the distance from the bars until you get the air flow adjusted how you like it. Of course, if you wore a proper riding jacket, you wouldn't have to worry about the shirt lifting up!
        1980 XS850SG - Sold
        1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
        Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
        Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
        -H. Ford

Comment

Hideous things... Get rid of it and ride 'naked', like us real men do...
          1980 SG. (Sold - waiting on replacement)
          2000 XJR1300. The Real modern XS11. Others are just pretenders.

Woman (well, my wife anyway) are always on Transmit and never Receive.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be" Albert Einstien.

Comment

Originally posted by b.walker5 View Post
            ride 'naked', like us real men do...

Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/the-4...naked-bike-rid
              1980 SG. (Sold - waiting on replacement)
              2000 XJR1300. The Real modern XS11. Others are just pretenders.

Woman (well, my wife anyway) are always on Transmit and never Receive.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be" Albert Einstien.

Comment

Never ride naked..what would the neighbors think

'80 XS1100 SG
                Don't let the good times pass you by..grab all you can
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_Z4cjUlIo4

Comment

Working...
                X