Too many XS's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too many XS's?

I have been looking for an XS11 for a while locally here in northern Nevada.
    I just bought an '80 XS11 Special for a decent price, carbs could use rejetted as it has a 4-1 header and a K&N filter and seems lean, tires are a little iffy also, other than that it is nice.
    Now this guy comes up with a '79 Standard that was my preferred model and it is pristine, and fully loaded with fairing, hard bags, etc. The price is right but I just bought the Special and am broke.
    So, do I sell the Special and hope the Standard is still available? Or keep the Special and forget the other?
    I also found a parts bike (or most of one) cheap.
    I search and search and can't find one, now they are all around it seems.
    Dang the luck!
    buffalo
    80 XS1100SG

It is amazing how many of these bikes that have survived. I would think this site has saved a few.
    I hope you can work it out so you can have both!!!

Earl
    80SG, 81SH, 80 standard parts bike, 81SH parts bike
    and new to me 78 standard dresser

Comment

There are 3 or 4 XS/XJ that are currently for sale in my area. And I don't have the money to buy any of them.
      Ty

78 XS1100E - Now in Minnesota
      80 XS1100LG - The Punisher
      82 XJ1100 - Current project - The Twins
      82 XJ1100 - Wife's Bike - The Twins
      82 XJ1100 - Daughter's Bike
      72 Suzuki TS125 - Daughter's Bike
      72 Yamaha Mini JT2 - Youngest Daughter's bike (She wants a bigger one now)

Comment

Was looking a a pretty nice standard with a vetter fairing, 1980, I have pics but not handy.It was in BC but near the border, was running pretty good actually, thought about selling the "S" and buying it, but the wife made barf faces at the fairing....she loves the naked look of the Special as it is now...

of course after looking at my VStrom for 3 years anything looks pretty....
        1979 XS1100
        Was going to be a ratbike, instead it is
        Turning into a "Labour of Love" Restoration...

Comment

Working...
        X