Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any of you Western XSessives in the line of FIRE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any of you Western XSessives in the line of FIRE?

With all this news talk about the record fires in the western part of the country, particularly in WA state.
    How are you holding up ??
    1980G Standard, Restored
    Kerker 4 - 1
    850 Rear End Mod
    2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
    Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
    Automatic CCT
    1980GH Special, Restored
    Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
    '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
    Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

no problem here

So far, no big ones in S.California,,,,,a few lightning strike fires but they are put out real quick. This year has been a cool summer till the last few weeks so plants arent as dry as usual. Plus we havent had any Santa Ana winds which always cause a big fire somewhere in the summer. Our dangerous time is usually October,,,,still dry and possible Santa Ana winds plus the local Indian tribe idiots having their Bonfires on friday and during NFL football games. Those morons have started a lot of fires and because of tribal immunity, the refusal of tribal police to reveal identities of those causing the fires, they are not prosecuted. Hope the guys up North are getting their fires under control, we havent heard much about them actually..............Mike in Sun Diego
    mike
    1982 xj1100 maxim
    1981 venture bagger
    1999 Kawi Nomad 1500 greenie
    1959 wife

Comment

Wow I hadnt heard that about the Indians doing that. Wild.

John
      John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
      '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
      Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Just the usual grass fires here in Sacramento area, but see the haze of the ones in N. California. I felt like I was on fire the other day riding home from work in 107 degree heat. Before I left work I soaked my Do rag and scarf and poured water on my west pant leg.I usually ride with my face shield partway open, but not on that day. I was like having a blow dryer in the face.
        "Galaxy" 1982 XJ1100J, 1983 XV handlebars, new fusebox, homemade SS wind screen and SS muffler heat shields, homemade grab bar extension and luggage rack. XS750 140 mph speedo, '81 Venture oil cooler, V-Max ACCT, Yahman YICS Eliminator, 1st and 2nd gear Dremel fix.

Comment

There was a helluva fire west of here in Mannford,Ok. I now have an unwanted house guest because her house fell victim to the fires...............my ex.
          Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Ouch !!! That's a double whammy, Greg !!!
            1980G Standard, Restored
            Kerker 4 - 1
            850 Rear End Mod
            2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
            Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
            Automatic CCT
            1980GH Special, Restored
            Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
            '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
            Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

Originally posted by XJkid View Post
              Just the usual grass fires here in Sacramento area, but see the haze of the ones in N. California. I felt like I was on fire the other day riding home from work in 107 degree heat. Before I left work I soaked my Do rag and scarf and poured water on my west pant leg.I usually ride with my face shield partway open, but not on that day. I was like having a blow dryer in the face.
              I feel ya man. Try it in 115º heat.
              Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

No thanks. I remember being in Yuma, Arizona as a kid in 120 degree with a wind. I don't think I would ride (by choice) in anything over 105. You folks in tornado alley have been cooking this summer! I have family in Salina, Ks and environs who have been suffering mightily.
                "Galaxy" 1982 XJ1100J, 1983 XV handlebars, new fusebox, homemade SS wind screen and SS muffler heat shields, homemade grab bar extension and luggage rack. XS750 140 mph speedo, '81 Venture oil cooler, V-Max ACCT, Yahman YICS Eliminator, 1st and 2nd gear Dremel fix.

Comment

Had a fire about 2 miles from my house three weeks ago... was able to see it from my front pourch. It's Quite the sight to see the mountain on fire. They got it out by morning so no problems. We do have haze and smoke from all the rest of the fires out west of us so air quality is low. But it is better than having the ex live with me.
                  Ty

78 XS1100E - Now in Minnesota
                  80 XS1100LG - The Punisher
                  82 XJ1100 - Current project - The Twins
                  82 XJ1100 - Wife's Bike - The Twins
                  82 XJ1100 - Daughter's Bike
                  72 Suzuki TS125 - Daughter's Bike
                  72 Yamaha Mini JT2 - Youngest Daughter's bike (She wants a bigger one now)

Comment

There's been quite a few fires here in Southern Idaho. Most of them have been in the mountain regions. I personally haven't been "In the line of fire", but I have friends and family that lost their homes in a fire south of Pocatello. We had a thunder storm the other night and there were 3 or 4 small fires started. The air's been clear for the last couple days, but over the last month there has been a smoky haze. Really no rain to help quench the fires, but plenty of wind to make them crazy. The fire officials are saying that some of Idaho's wildfires won't be under control until late October or early November. I'm just hoping the fires don't migrate to more populated areas.
                    Current Ride:
                    81 XS1100LH Midnight Special
                    Tkat Fork-Brace
                    Previously Owned:
                    79 XS750 Special

Comment

Working...
                    X