Basic Rider Training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basic Rider Training

Just finished my 3 day course put on by "Team Oregon". It was a condition for me getting back aboard a bike set by my wife... Turned out to be very worthwhile. Today, I make my first ride on my "new" 79 XS11.. Wish the course had been available when I got my first endorsement in the late 60's..

Lee
    (Sparks)
    79 SF

Good for you! Glad you're able to get back in the saddle.
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

Funny, the class was a condition from my wife for me to start riding I actually enjoyed the class and the first day of riding cured me of my fear of riding in the rain as it rained solid and at one point sideways I have also found it has made me a better car rider.
      Last edited by pbaker27; 08-07-2012, 12:08 AM.
      Hydra'82 XJ1100 Frankenbike with a '79 engine

~dubbed "Hydra" by a friend, because "once one problem is fixed, another rears its ugly head!"

Comment

congrats!!

Glad to hear you have made the proper entry into motorccycling...nearly 40 yrs ago when I started riding street bikes you didnt need...or have anything special...just a regular drivre's license...no MC endorsement...no helmet...nor gear...no insurance and No MSF courses for anyone...I've learned most everything from 1st hand experiences.
        1980 XS650G Special-Two
        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

That course will save your life. Good call.
          1990 Ninja ZX-10. It's the Silver Surfer. HI-YA!!

2006 Yamaha XT-225. Yep, I take it on the interstate. It's Blue Butt.

1982 Toyota 4x4. 22R Cammed, 38/38, 2" pipe, 20R head with OS valves, performance grind and other fun stuff. It's Blue RASPberry.

1969 Ford F-250 Camper Special resto project. 390 RV cam, Demon carb, Sanderson headers, 2 and a quarter pipes with Magnaflow mufflers. It's Blue Jay.

Comment

Working...
          X