Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• craigslist awesomeness

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/va...043873624.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Date: 2012-05-28, 9:59PM PDT
    Reply to: k24rz-3043873624@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Very Rare and well cared for 1991 Yamaha XTZ 750 Super Tenere. 750cc twin cylinder Paris/Dakar replica. Only imported into Canada for 2 years but have a cult following in Europe where they were produced for longer.
    This bike has 53000km, new avon tires with only about 1500km, fresh oil, new battery that is kept on charger when not in use. Has an aftermarket exhaust but comes with the stock as well. Various other parts including new brake pads and all other stock parts.
    Has a Givi rack and sidewings that I found in the US this winter and comes with Kappa 21 side bags and a Kappa 52 trunk. There are parts from Yamaha with no problem but has never needed much. I have had the bike for about 5 years and was owned by my father prior to that.
    This bike gets all the attention anywhere you stop, gas stations, campsites, restaurants, bike dealers, even outshinning the newer and much pricier BMWs. The bike has never been down and is a quality bike with lots of power and the ability to cruise all day at highway speeds. Only selling to get something with more space for 2 up travel. $ 4950.00 The bike is located in Nanaimo

Trapped in time. Surrounded by evil. Low on gas.

1980 XS1100G 1179 kit, Tkat brace, progressive springs & shocks, jardine spaghetti, Mikes coils, Geezer's rectifier

Wow, no love for the SuperTénéré. This bike was way ahead of its time. If Yamaha made this or one like it today they would sell craploads. It won the Dakar twice I think.

1980 XS1100G 1179 kit, Tkat brace, progressive springs & shocks, jardine spaghetti, Mikes coils, Geezer's rectifier

Comment

I would buy one

You never see those though...

Course id buy a 93 GTS too

John
      John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
      '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
      Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Originally posted by Elevener View Post
        Wow, no love for the SuperTénéré. This bike was way ahead of its time. If Yamaha made this or one like it today they would sell craploads. It won the Dakar twice I think.
        Actually IIRC Yamaha just recently announced a new one for U.S. sale. There was a good bit of talk about it on the pashnit.com forum a while ago, and it sure got me drooling.
        Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
        Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
        Vetter Windjammer IV
        Vetter hard bags & Trunk
        OEM Luggage Rack
        Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
        Spade Fuse Box
        Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
        750 FD Mod
        TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
        XJ1100 Front Footpegs
        XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Originally posted by cywelchjr View Post
          Actually IIRC Yamaha just recently announced a new one for U.S. sale. There was a good bit of talk about it on the pashnit.com forum a while ago, and it sure got me drooling.
          already been here since spring. Have looked at them here at the dealer. Couple folks on the ST site have opted for these as a second bike instead of a Beemer GS. The report so far is 'they like'.
          81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

ST net? Havent seen it, how bout some links?

Ahh Super Tenere Discussions , got it.

Comment

When I get the money.... till then Ill have to make do on my humble KLR

Comment

KLR as it sits now

Comment

Been eying the 1200 Super Tenere since they would let you pre order them...
                  Just couldn't bring myself to slap down that much cash on something I could ride first.

Richard

Comment

Originally posted by Elevener View Post
                    ST net? Havent seen it, how bout some links?

Ahh Super Tenere Discussions , got it.
                    Actually STowners.com ..........as in Honda ST.......the 1100 and the since 03 1300...
                    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Originally posted by rpgoerlich View Post
                      Been eying the 1200 Super Tenere since they would let you pre order them...
                      Just couldn't bring myself to slap down that much cash on something I could ride first.

Know what you mean Richard.........but up close look to be a decent very functional dual-sport scoot.

Comment

Not really a dual sport but a sport cruiser CZ. Dual sport is off road also.

Can't really see myself on one of those. Too old school I guess.
                        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                          Not really a dual sport but a sport cruiser CZ. Dual sport is off road also.

Can't really see myself on one of those. Too old school I guess.
                          Tenere IS a dual sport...............too old school?...what, you or the bike?

Comment

You ain't gonna get very far off road with those tires buddy.
                            Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                              You ain't gonna get very far off road with those tires buddy.
                              You'd be surprised where those tires will take ya..........and wear like iron on the slab......we need to get you 'up to speed' here Greg...

Comment

Working...
                              X