I'm a bad influence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a bad influence

Was at the Yamaha dealer today looking at helmets and overhead a guy looking for a part. Spotted the OCTY valve in his hand, knew immediately what it was. The parts guy said what is that???? They went on to say that "you can't get anything for those old bikes" although he did mention that he liked the Specials. What he should have said is you can't get much for those old bikes at the dealer because we a. don't like looking up the part and b. don't like having to order parts.

I followed him out and turned him onto XS11 and told him **gasp** that many of the parts are still out there and not too hard to find. He's working on a 300.00 get it out of here it doesn't run bike that started within the first 30 minutes of tinkering with it.
    1970? Honda Z50... gone
    1974? Yamaha 100 Enduro... gone
    1974 Honda CB200... gone
    1981 Yamaha Virago 750... gone
    1993 Honda Shadow 1100... gone
    2008 Honda VTX 1800F
    1982 Yamaha XJ1100J w/850 final, Raptor ACCT
    1979 Yamaha XS1100SF "Chewey" Raptor ACCT

http://www.johnsoldiron.com

Some do

There is a dealer near me that does carry parts for these XS's. You would be really surprised at what is still available. This guy has been here since 1936 and if anything is available from Yamaha, he will have it in his shop on the shelf. LeBard & Underwood, (714) 879-8252 and they will ship to you. You will find the parts man Raul is very knowledgable too.

I don't make a commision there or in any way profit from this information. Just FYI
    You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
    Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
    Drilled airbox
    Tkat fork brace
    Hardly mufflers
    late model carbs
    Newer style fuses
    Oil pressure guage
    Custom security system
    Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

Working...