One horsepower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One horsepower

A couple of months ago we 'aquired' a horse. 15 - 20 year old Arabian/Quarterhorse mix. Very gentle in action and demeanor. Wife thinks he's an old 'work' horse.
    Today I rode a horse for the first time. For those that complain about stand over height on our bikes, you can be quiet . I'm glad he's not a very tall horse as he went under the awning of the stables and I was ducking (wife then daughter was leading him as I am a noobie at this).
    It was fun but not sure I'll be doing it again, maybe.
    Pat Kelly
    <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
    1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
    2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
    1999 Suburban (The Ship)
    1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
    1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Watch out, it tends to grow on people. My wife has her degree in equine management. A small horse farm is in our near future. I've only been on one trail ride myself but I'm excited to learn how to ride horse. Would like to see what its like WFO across a field.
    '79 XS11 F
    Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
    Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
    GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

circles was a challenge for me. I can't imagine open spaces.
      Pat Kelly
      <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
      1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
      2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
      1999 Suburban (The Ship)
      1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
      1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Growing up a couple of neighbors around me had horses. One neighbor had 2 daughters about my age, so I got to spend some time riding around on horses. Then the 2 girls became sluts and popped out kids in their mid teens (none were mine) and the fun ended.
        Nathan
        KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
        K&N Filter
        #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
        OEM Exhaust
        ATK Fork Brace
        LED Dash lights
        Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
        SS Brake Lines
        Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

I grew up in Montana in the country. I've been riding since I could walk.

Always had my own horse when I was a kid and broke (trained) them for money. That's how I bought my first car. My horse then was kinda like my motorcycle is now. I would be up at dawn, saddle her up and be gone riding all day.

I haven't been on a horse for quite a few years now. I kinda miss it sometimes.
          Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

me too

I had horses as a kid and motorcycles too. On the farm the horse was the favorite ride. Weekends were fun when my GF and I would dissapear on horseback for the weekend.....
            You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
            Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
            Drilled airbox
            Tkat fork brace
            Hardly mufflers
            late model carbs
            Newer style fuses
            Oil pressure guage
            Custom security system
            Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

Working...