finally got the new Vetter on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like it!

As for your fork question.... I run 15w oil and 15lbs in mine. and I carry ALOT of weight in my fairing. CB, Mic control box, Stereo, speakers, MP3, GPS, and what ever is in my pockets goes in the glove box.... and I ride 2 up most the time on it. I've gone down far as 7... too squishy! and I've gone as high as 20... 20 works but is a little stiff when riding single. 15 seems to be a happy medium.
    Don
    1979 XS1100SF "Old Man" bought by my Dad brand new in 79, customized in 80 with Vetter, Standard tank, and touring seat. I inherited in 02 when Dad passed. Been riding it since 09. No resto, bike is a survivor...

2007 RoadStar 1700 Midnight Silverado "The Black Pearl" Cobra Slash-downs, K&N filter. More mods to come

old:
    1989 kawi ex500
    1996 yzf-r6
    1999 yzf-r1
    2001 kawi zx-6r
    2000 Ducati 748
    2002 YZF-R1
    2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

Originally posted by GLoweVA View Post
      DuWayne, I thought you sold the set off the bike you just got to Cuda and were putting the other set on your bike. I didn't know you still have an 'extra' set.

I'd love to make my SG a touring machine, or even upgrade the stuff on my G.
      The only reason I thought of you is location, location, location. You're just a few (hundred or so) miles up the road, so I could possibly drive up to get them instead of shipping.

But alas, money is tight, bills must be paid, and that doesn't leave a whole lot left over for a project bike.
      But the work gods might be smiling on me and i might get some overtime in the next 2 weekends, so there may be a few extra bucks available.
      I just have to convince SWMBO to let me spend some of MY hard earned money.
      Hey George,
      I was told a Day late and an Inch short YMMV
      Just take the money out of the housekeeping and live on Kraft Dinner till it balances BUT please paint those bags some colour other than white
      Phil
      1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
      1983 XJ 650 Maxim
      2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
        and live on Kraft Dinner till it balances
        Yup, your from Canada! We call it mac and cheese down here.

I have a lot of family in Canada, I just always have to poke
        Nathan
        KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
        K&N Filter
        #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
        OEM Exhaust
        ATK Fork Brace
        LED Dash lights
        Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
        SS Brake Lines
        Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

I only eat home made mac and cheese Thanks Don,I just put 10 lbs in and will raise it as needed.
          FOXS-XS11SG

2009 Suzuki V Strom 650,Adventure in Touring,I call her "Smooth" SW Motech engine guard,Coocase top case w/ LED brake and tail lights,20" MRA touring screen w/adjusable bracket,Grip heaters,fender ex-tender,Givi hard sidebags

1980 XS11SG-sold
          1999 Vulcan classic-sold
          1982 XJ 650-sold

Old is only a state of mind......John

Comment

Originally posted by ddragon63 View Post
            I like it!

As for your fork question.... I run 15w oil and 15lbs in mine. and I carry ALOT of weight in my fairing. CB, Mic control box, Stereo, speakers, MP3, GPS, and what ever is in my pockets goes in the glove box.... and I ride 2 up most the time on it. I've gone down far as 7... too squishy! and I've gone as high as 20... 20 works but is a little stiff when riding single. 15 seems to be a happy medium.
            I've got synthetic ATF in mine and I run 20 - 25 psi all the time.
            Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
              I've got synthetic ATF in mine and I run 20 - 25 psi all the time.
              what brand?
              "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
              1981 LH

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda 69 View Post
                I only eat home made mac and cheese Thanks Don,I just put 10 lbs in and will raise it as needed.
                Thats what I say too. Mum makes Mac & Cheese. Kraft Dinner comes in a box and and contains POWDER to go with the pasta elbows Cheap and fills a hole
                Phil
                1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
                  Thats what I say too. Mum makes Mac & Cheese. Kraft Dinner comes in a box and and contains POWDER to go with the pasta elbows Cheap and fills a hole
                  Phil
                  Agree, whatever name it goes by it is not quality!
                  Nathan
                  KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
                  K&N Filter
                  #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
                  OEM Exhaust
                  ATK Fork Brace
                  LED Dash lights
                  Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
                  SS Brake Lines
                  Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
                  X