Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lest you all think I have gone all over to HD...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lest you all think I have gone all over to HD...

...I have been doing some other stuff as well. I've been riding the VTR any chance I get, up until yesterday. We were down at the HD dealer, doing a little show-off of the pain on the Road King, when I overheard that a Ducati had been taken in on trade. Long story short, I ended up with the 2008 1098S in my garage by the end of the day! It has 400 miles on it, and all the nubbies still on the tires. It is virtually brand new, and I got it for a great price. The wife won't let me keep two sportbikes around, so the VTR has to go. But everything I did on that bike was to try and make one of these for myself, so I'm giving up the aluminum for Ohlins, and a whole lot of alloy and carbon!

Some pics of the new ride:

I've wanted one of these since they came out in '07, but in MT they are really hard to find, particularly in this shape. So stoked to have finally found one!!
    Healthy is merely the slowest rate at which you can die

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba….Hunter S. Thompson

Beautiful. In MT can you have one of those AND keep your licence
    Enjoy the ride.
    Phil
    1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
    1983 XJ 650 Maxim
    2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Nice! It looks fast just sitting there. You didn't want to keep your licence anyway.
      79 XS11 Special (Lazarus)
      80 XS850 Special (Old Faithful)
      80 XS11 Standard sorta stock (Beatrice)
      79 DT 100

Comment

Well, it might be useful...

Seriously fast bike, though! It is a handful, if it puts its mind to it
        Healthy is merely the slowest rate at which you can die

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba….Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Awesome looking bike, I bet it is fast!
          Jeff
          77 XS750 2D completely stock
          79 SF XS1100 "Picky" stock with harley mufflers

Comment

Working...
          X