X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 81 Venturer in Oklahoma

http://tulsa.craigslist.org/mcy/2973625155.html
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Looks like the front brakes have been removed... Maybe they are sitting somewhere with the windshield?
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

Heh heh, didn't notice the brakes. At least that's a Vetter type windshield and you can still get one.

There's no muffler on the 4 into 1 either.
      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

exhaust?

Doesn't appear to exit on left or right.

Lot's of those windshields around, though. Could be a good buy. Could be another project. Who's ready for that?
        Tom Clisham

Age is relative YOU WON"T GET OLD TIL YOU SELL THE BIKE

'78xs1100E ,all stock & original GONE TO WISCONSIN

'80 SG Vetter fairing,hard bags,trunk,fork brace,
        stock headers with fishtail mufflers,black & beautiful GONE TO ARIZONA

79SF lowered,jardine 4/2 exhaust,pod filters,drilled rotors,fork brace, bar hopper

79SF 1 owner,8000 miles, restoring to completely original ( I hope) GONE TO FRANCE

Comment

You can see it in one of those pics exiting under the right footpeg.

I certainly don't need anything else. I just thought someone might be interested in a Venturer. They are getting pretty rare.
          Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

WHY oh WHY can't I find something like that around here??
            FOXS-XS11SG

2009 Suzuki V Strom 650,Adventure in Touring,I call her "Smooth" SW Motech engine guard,Coocase top case w/ LED brake and tail lights,20" MRA touring screen w/adjusable bracket,Grip heaters,fender ex-tender,Givi hard sidebags

1980 XS11SG-sold
            1999 Vulcan classic-sold
            1982 XJ 650-sold

Old is only a state of mind......John

Comment

headers are Jardine...but $1000 is a high price for such condition...I would think $800 tops...owner says it runs fine but I dont believe him...bike does not look like its roadworthy ...brakes ,exhaust,windscreen are not major issues so this could be an excellent project to save a Venturer, Not for me though...bad timing on the money and distance to travel to OK
              1980 XS650G Special-Two
              1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Made him an offer even though I don't need another damn bike.

I probably insulted him anyway.
                Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                  Made him an offer even though I don't need another damn bike.

I probably insulted him anyway.
                  i would think $500 if really does run otherwise much less.Missing Mirrors , Rack along with the parts already mentioned.
                  IMHO
                  Phil
                  1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                  1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                  2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Looking at over $100 to bring tag up to date. Still has the green and white, instead of the new red and white.
                    Richard
                    '79 XS1100SF "Phantom Stranger" full fairing w/radio and cd player, H-D Roadking trunk, everything else stock
                    '02 Honda VTX1800C

Comment

I'm interested in the bags Greg,
                      FOXS-XS11SG

2009 Suzuki V Strom 650,Adventure in Touring,I call her "Smooth" SW Motech engine guard,Coocase top case w/ LED brake and tail lights,20" MRA touring screen w/adjusable bracket,Grip heaters,fender ex-tender,Givi hard sidebags

1980 XS11SG-sold
                      1999 Vulcan classic-sold
                      1982 XJ 650-sold

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda 69 View Post
                        I'm interested in the bags Greg,
                        I hit him twice with offers for the bags with no reply...
                        "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
                        1981 LH

Comment

don't you have enough bags DuWayne?. Didn't mean to step on any toes.
                          FOXS-XS11SG

1980 XS11SG-sold
                          1999 Vulcan classic-sold
                          1982 XJ 650-sold

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda 69 View Post
                            don't you have enough bags DuWayne?. Didn't mean to step on any toes.
                            LMFAO......no, I got the ones he didn't want. They're pretty good though. I just need to figure out how the hell they mount.
                            Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Airbox bottom removed, they're usually removed if the carbs are giving trouble, pretty good sign it doesn't run as good as he would have you believe

Tom
                              1982 5K7 Sport, restored to original from a wreck
                              1978 2H9 (E), my original XS11, mostly original
                              1980 2H9 monoshocked (avatar pic)http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...psf30aa1c8.jpg
                              1982 XJ1100, waiting resto to original

Comment

Working...
                              X