MSF courses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSF courses

SWMBO just took and passed a MSF course here in Modesto. The instructor thought she was lying when she said she'd been riding for a year and a half as she was very smooth in everything she did.

When the course was over he asked her who taught her to ride and what did they do. She told them it was me that showed her where the controls were and the method I used, which happenes to be quite similar to their program. He said he'd like to talk to one or both of us about becoming instructors. I'm VERY interested in talking to him about it.

Just Saturday I pulled into work (security at a hospital), took off my helmet, and heard shouting from the ER parking lot. Three guards were chasing some guy around the lot, one got knocked down. The guy they were chasing started right for me. I'm still in my Joe Rocket armored gear so I tackle him (hoping that they weren't chasing him for something stupid). Turns out he'd just been caught red-handed breaking into a nurses' car.

At 44 I'm getting too old to be chasing down 24 year old gang-bangers and tackling them so being an MSF instructor sounds appealling.
    Pat Kelly
    <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
    1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
    2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
    1999 Suburban (The Ship)
    1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
    1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

I gotta do the course this year too.
    kinda nervous about it. I don't like the slow turning stuff
    79 XS1100F "JINGUS"
    07 V-star 1100
    Do you want it done right or do you want me to do it?

Comment

Trust me, Bud, once you've done a full day of slow turning stuff on your fully-dressed ride, you'll feel a whole lot better next time you're navigating around a congested gas station. SWMBO and I did a two-day licenced riders course about a year and a half ago and I would highly recommend it.
      Ken Talbot

Comment

"...getting too old to be chasing down 24 year old gang-bangers and tackling them ..."

Next time let him run another couple of blocks, THEN chase him on yer bike. Much more fun that way.
        Marty in NW PA
        Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
        Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
        This IS my happy face.

Comment

Or just whack him across the face with your helmet... Remember: helmets save lives!!!

-Justin

Comment

The full story is that this "rocket scientist" checked himself into ER for getting knocked over the head by the owner of a car he was breaking into . He actually told this to the triage nurse. He left his room, went out to the lobby, sat next to a stranger and asked them which car was theirs because he was going to break into one and he didn't want it to be theirs. The visitor went to the security desk where the ER guard and the lead were both standing and told them what he said. They called the garage guard and gave him the BOL, both stepped outside and heard breaking glass and saw him reaching in the rear window of a nurses' car. This is as I was pulling up. I took off my helmet, heard the shouting, and the rest I already told.
            The thing that makes this bad is that I had to keep the other guards away from him. They kept holding him down by stepping on him when he tried to sit up (probably doesn't feel good to be cuffed and laying on your back). I had him lay on his side till PD got there. The other guards kept yelling at him, cussing at him, and insulting him.... not a good thing. I'm certain that when he gets out he'll return with his hommies and ambush the garage guard.
            My favorite part of the whole thing is when he said "Lucky for you out-of-shape guard that this guy was here, none of you would have caught me" ..... I then unzipped my jacket to show him my uniform .
            Pat Kelly
            <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
            1999 Suburban (The Ship)
            1968 F100 (Valentine)

Comment

It's morning here in Denmark and I just finished reading the paper, boy what a depressing read....So it's nice to know that there is still some folks who take a responsibility
              Gisle Vestergaard
              XS 1100 Sport

Comment

Now I'm mad. My wife has taken me out at the knees.

She came in last night and said she's going to apply for the MSF instructor job. We can't both do it (no one to watch the kids on weekends).

She tried to justify it by saying this would free-up the weekdays for her to finish nursing school (2 more years). There goes any chance of me doing anything any day of the week. I'll bet she'll be on at least 2 softball teams this spring too.

Sorry for ranting but this really hurts. I feel like selling the XS and she can be on her own as far as her bike goes. I won't work on it or do any of it now that she's the motorcycle expert.

I'm sure once I'm over this cold and my sinuses stop squeezing my brain and popping my eyes out the sockets I'll feel different but for now....... AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
                Pat Kelly
                <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
                1999 Suburban (The Ship)
                1968 F100 (Valentine)

Comment

Hang on.

Things will work out.

Big Pat

Comment

Working...
                  X