2 part clear in a rattle can

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 part clear in a rattle can

Has anyone tried this and if so how did it work out?

http://www.repaintsupply.com/pd_2_part_2k_aerosol.cfm
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Works fine

I used it on my tank and dylans. One can can do one whole bike or two gas tanks. Easy I shot both mine within a few hours of mixing. Two coats on one tank, three on the other.

John
    John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
    '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
    Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

How does it hold up to fuel spills John? I'm sick of fixing the paint every time I have an error in judgement at the pump.
      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Used it on my gas tank, I have had no problems. Seems to hold up well to gas spills. Of course I try to wipe off any splashes or drips ASAP but one is not always able to clean off the spills immediately.

Ray
        Trying not to offend since Aug 28, 2010

Disclaimer: I am an idiot. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
        Owner of:
        1979 XS1100F (The Pig)
        140 mains
        45 pilot jets
        Floats at 24mm
        Running Rich

"Arrogant, delusional tyrants can't be stopped by earnest words and furrowed brows. Action, strong bold action coming from a position of strength and determination, is the only effective deterrent." -Mitt Romney

Comment

I have been using the high heat ceramic clear and it's not real horrible but if you get a spill you can't touch it until the fuel dries or it makes a big mess. Sucks if you have a tank bag on.

It does shrink and crack over time though.
          Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Working...
          X