Shouldn't have got out of bed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shouldn't have got out of bed

Ever have the feeling you shouldn't have got out of bed. My day started like this. My mother in law needed to be at the hospital at 6 AM for a knee replacement surgery. My wife was supposed to drop her off on her way to work. Well the power went off during the night so none of the alarm clocks went off. Cats wake my daughter up at 530 AM and she wakes us up. My wifes freaking, so I jump out of bed and go pick up mom. I'm taking her the the hospital in my pajama bottoms. No coffee, no smokes, no underwear, no socks and as I realize while in the pay to get out parking lot, no wallet. So now I have to plead my case to the security people in the lobby in my PJ bottoms. I get home, get dressed have a coffee and descide to go over to the shop to finish a couple carb banks I've been cleaning. On the way I figure, since it's going to rain for the next couple days, I should fire up the lawn tractor and cut the deep grass on the septic field. Not a problem only take five minutes. My eldest daughter had washed her car last week and left the hose out in the long grass. I didn't see it until it was too late. Wrapped the hose all around the mower deck blades. Couldn't even cut it free to just park the machine. Had to drop the deck flip it over and spend the 30 minutes trying to cut the friggin hose out of the blades. They were wrapped so tight the bades got bent. Finish with the grass by lunch the finally get over to the shop. Walked in and what do I see, a puddle of green oil sitting on the floor under the right fork on the SF. So I spend the afternoon pulling the forks off and changing the seals. They were "Athena's" that failed so I went to my spare seal box looking for the Denis Kirks I bought only to find they had shipped 36 mm not 37's, I rummage upstairs until I find a second set of Athena's I remember having from 3 years ago and now have to install the same crap again. Just completed that task before the school bus arrives with my middle daughter, so I reach into my bar fridge for the last beer only to find my brother in law drank it a couple days before. I sit on the stoop with a glass of warm tap water to wait for the bus and my dog comes running over. She's a hound and she had just chased and caught a skunk. Spent the rest of the evening shamppoing and washing her down with everything I could find. Now my house smells like skunk. I suppose it's good to get it all out of the way at once, so now I can have good luck the rest of the year.
    mack
    79 XS 1100 SF Special
    HERMES
    original owner
    http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps6932d5df.jpg

81 XS 1100 LH MNS
    SPICA
    http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad305/mack-055/2.jpg

78 XS 11E
    IOTA
    https://youtu.be/wB5Jfbp6SUc
    https://youtu.be/RaI3WYHSuWA

Have recovery trailer and shop if you breakdown in my area.
    Frankford, Ont, Canada
    613-398-6186

Wow, ever hear of paragraphs?

Congrats on the going commando though.
    Trapped in time. Surrounded by evil. Low on gas.

1980 XS1100G 1179 kit, Tkat brace, progressive springs & shocks, jardine spaghetti, Mikes coils, Geezer's rectifier

Comment

After that day, I think he could be forgiven if he slurred the way through his story. Of course, that might require beer, which was all gone anyway...
      Joab

"If nothing else, it will be interesting..."
      Ozark, Alabama

Comment

Damn, when it rains it pours.
        If you put that story to music, you'd have a top 10 country song. LOL

Next time, stay in bed!
        Hi, my name is George & I'm a twisty addict!

80G (Green paint(PO idea))
        The Green Monster
        K&N A/F, TC's fuse block, '81 oil cooler, TC's homemade 4-2 w/Mac Mufflers, Raptor 660 ACCT
        Got him in '04.
        bald tire & borrowing parts

80SG (Black w/red emblems & calipers)
        Scarlet
        K&N A/F, TC's fuse block, WJ5, Shoei bags, Raptor 660 ACCT.
        Got her in '11
        Ready for the twisties!

81H (previously CPMaynard's)
        Hugo
        Full Venturer, Indigo Blue with B/W painted tank.
        Cold weather ride

Comment

They say

The sun comes up, the sun goes down, hands on the clock keep goin round. I jest git up and it's time to lay down. Life gets tejus don't it? My shoes untied, but I don't care I aint plannin on goin nowhere, I'd have to wash my face and comb my hair, wasted effort for sure. etc....

I'll bet there aint many who remember that song by Grandpa Jones. There's a few tales in there like that.
          You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
          Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
          Drilled airbox
          Tkat fork brace
          Hardly mufflers
          late model carbs
          Newer style fuses
          Oil pressure guage
          Custom security system
          Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

Originally posted by planedick View Post
            The sun comes up, the sun goes down, hands on the clock keep goin round. I jest git up and it's time to lay down. Life gets tejus don't it? My shoes untied, but I don't care I aint plannin on goin nowhere, I'd have to wash my face and comb my hair, wasted effort for sure. etc....
            Hi Dick,
            amazing what sticks in your memory, eh?
            - - - the cock don't crow and the hens don't lay,
            the fish quit biting last Saturday,
            Hound dog's howlin', so forlorn, laziest dog that ever was born,
            He's a'howlin' cause he's sittin' on a thorn,
            And just too darn lazy to move over.
            The water in the well gets lower and lower,
            I ain't had a bath in a month or more,
            But I've heard it said and it's true I'm sure,
            That too much bathin'll weaken you.
            Life get's tasteless, don't it.
            Fred Hill, S'toon
            XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
            "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

no underwear, no socks
              TMI.....TMI!! There are certain pictures I do not need put into my head this early in the morning, that would be one of them.
              Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
              80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
              93 GSX600F
              80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
              81 XS1100 Special
              81 CB750 C
              80 CB750 C
              78 XS750

Comment

Yeah

Yes Fred, when I was young I could recite the whole thing, both records, but I've forgotten most of it now.

I've tried every tonic in the world, I think. But my head's as bald as a kitchen sink, skeeters use it for a skating rink, gets plumb agravating sometimes. There's a mouse chawin on the pantry door, when he gets through he'll sure be sore cause there a darn thing in there. Now old brown must must be sick, I jabbed him in the rump with a pin on a stick. He humped his back, but didn't kick. Somethings cockeyed somewhere.
                You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
                Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
                Drilled airbox
                Tkat fork brace
                Hardly mufflers
                late model carbs
                Newer style fuses
                Oil pressure guage
                Custom security system
                Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

Yep, life can be a real bite in the arse sometimes.
                  There were even a couple parts of the story where I knew exactly how you felt.
                  Current Stable:
                  1978 XS1100E - Beauty - Vetter Full Dress
                  1979 XS1100F - The Beast - Winter Project to Factory Full Dress
                  1979 XS1100SF - Black Sunshine - The Lucky Find
                  1978 XS1100E - Little Orphan Annie - Sold to a friend, slowly becoming a 1196 monster.
                  WTB:
                  1981 XS1100H Venturer - Long distance cruiser.
                  1989 FJ1200 - For playing in the curves!

Comment

and there's another song out there that says "There's alway's tommorow"
                    FOXS-XS11SG

2009 Suzuki V Strom 650,Adventure in Touring,I call her "Smooth" SW Motech engine guard,Coocase top case w/ LED brake and tail lights,20" MRA touring screen w/adjusable bracket,Grip heaters,fender ex-tender,Givi hard sidebags

1980 XS11SG-sold
                    1999 Vulcan classic-sold
                    1982 XJ 650-sold

Old is only a state of mind......John

Comment

Working...
                    X