I'm glad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm glad

I didn't sell or otherwise lose the original final from The Pathfinder. I went for a little ride today and I heard a tick, tick noise so I came home and it sounds like it is in the 750 final. So I'm going back to the original and hoping the noise goes away. Click once for each revolution like a tooth on the ring gear is broken. I'll take it apart for inspection once it's changed. Last time I checked the oil it was black and lots of sludge on the magnet. New oil doesn't look too bad yet, but.....
    You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
    Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
    Drilled airbox
    Tkat fork brace
    Hardly mufflers
    late model carbs
    Newer style fuses
    Oil pressure guage
    Custom security system
    Stainless braid brake lines

I wish you well with that. My FD is off a 850. They were easier to set up than the other type. Pathfinder is a gorgeous bike.
    1980 XS 11 Special: The King of Kong, 9th wonder of the world. Pacifico fairing, chopped shield, Yamaha hard bags, Diamond seat, T-Kat fork brace, XJ top end, YICS Eliminator, '80 carbs from Spyder Cycle Works, K&N Air filter, Fuse block, stainless steel valves & reg/rect from Oregon MC Parts. Raptor CCT, XJ air shocks, 850 FD, Sportster mufflers, Standard handle bar, Tusk Bar Risers, SS braided brake lines. Cat Eye speedometer. HID projector beam headlight, LED running lights.

Comment

Done

I put the original final back on The Pathfinder and no more noises. Now I'll always be looking for that 6th gear again...
      You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
      Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
      Drilled airbox
      Tkat fork brace
      Hardly mufflers
      late model carbs
      Newer style fuses
      Oil pressure guage
      Custom security system
      Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

Working...