Ebay Alert: NOS HD Fork Springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay Alert: NOS HD Fork Springs

I was contemplating on picking these springs up and using them but I just cant swing it right now. I'd rather see them go to someone here than elsewhere.

Yamaha XS1100 NOS Fork Springs H-Duty Touring

OEM Part # 2H7-23141-10-00

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110867055550...84.m1423.l2648

Good luck!
    '79 XS11 F
    Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
    Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
    GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

What is difference/advantage

Of these springs? How do we know we need them?

John
    John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
    '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
    Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

They do say "heavy duty" so I should imagine they have a higher spring rate over stock springs... I think our bikes can benefit from a stiffer front end regardless if our stock springs are in spec or not. These will probably take away some of the dive from breaking...
      Last edited by WMarshy; 04-29-2012, 02:16 PM.
      '79 XS11 F
      Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
      Stock, no title.

GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

It says they were a factory option so maybe it was for bikes with fairings on them, the touring bikes.
        Jeff
        77 XS750 2D completely stock
        79 SF XS1100 "Picky" stock with harley mufflers

Comment

A fair price......which is unusal. The Venturer was the ONLY model that had these from the factory along with the air-assist. Rear KYB's on Venturer were also heavier sprung with the 5-position spring pre-load and 5-position dampening.
          81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

I watched them a couple times and they didn't sell. These may be from somebody different though. Thought abou them but never pulled the trigger...
            "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
            1981 LH

Comment

They didnt sell again...
              '79 XS11 F
              Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
              Stock, no title.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                A fair price......which is unusal. The Venturer was the ONLY model that had these from the factory along with the air-assist. Rear KYB's on Venturer were also heavier sprung with the 5-position spring pre-load and 5-position dampening.
                The 80G had the same air forks, and if you ordered the factory fairing it was SUPPOSED to get those springs installed by the dealer before it was delivered, but it still didn't get the better rear shocks. Had I known that the shocks were better on the Venturer, I would have added that to my search when I was looking for the XJ shocks I ended up with. That said, I THINK that the XJ ones are a little bit better shocks.
                Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
                Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
                Vetter Windjammer IV
                Vetter hard bags & Trunk
                OEM Luggage Rack
                Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
                Spade Fuse Box
                Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
                750 FD Mod
                TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
                XJ1100 Front Footpegs
                XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

I checked on this part number for fit, and it does fit the Standard. I was hoping they would fit my Special.
                  1980 XS1100LG Midnight
                  1991 Honda CBR1000F Hurricane

"The hand is almost valueless at one end of the arm if there be not a brain at the other"

Here's to a long life and a happy one.
                  A quick death and an easy one.
                  A pretty girl and an honest one.
                  A cold beer and another one!

Comment

Originally posted by XS1100 Newbie View Post
                    I checked on this part number for fit, and it does fit the Standard. I was hoping they would fit my Special.
                    They will fit your Special. You just add a spacer of four inches or so.

No need to worry about letting these springs go. There is better stuff out there and it isn't too expensive. I had springs custom wound for about $150, and they are exactly correct for my application.

My Special had progressive wound springs in it that I believe were OEM. I'd expect the standard to be equipped the same.
                    Marty (in Mississippi)
                    XS1100SG
                    XS650SK
                    XS650SH
                    XS650G
                    XS6502F
                    XS650E

Comment

Working...
                    X