Is it just me....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it just me....

....or is it about half the time I can't get on this site?

Even when I do get on sometimes I'll go to change forums or check a PM and completely loose the site for a few minutes.
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

No, it's not just you. Happens to me a lot also, but generally clears up in a few minutes. I've learned to 'copy' any replies to threads though....
    Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
    '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
    '82 XJ rebuild project
    '80SG restified, red SOLD
    '79F parts...
    '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
    '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
    '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
    '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
    Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
    Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

Hey Greg,

Did you see the thread in this forum called Trouble Accessing site...there's good information about the 2 main events that cause folks to loose their access or connection. 1 is the lousy DNS servers near the actual host, and so a simple EDIT of your HOSTS file in windows adding the actual IP for the site (64.119.182.118) will allow you to bypass the DNS servers and go straight to the site.

The other problem is that the security software the host uses sometimes interprets certain actions by members...ie. sending PM's that are beyond the allowed length, or trying to log in with a forgotten password, and so it then flags that person's IP as a possible threat and blocks their access completely by the firewall!

The Host servers and such are also not very good as has been commented on by Cy and Wes and such, but it's the one the actual OWNER has gotten with so we get stuck with the occasional glitches....due to possible overload of activity with the site....Summer time, more and new members accessing it, etc.!

T.C.
      T. C. Gresham
      81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
      79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
      History shows again and again,
      How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

yes,I have the same problem.TC,huh?? I'm about the biggest idiot on a computer,I know how to get on my laptop,check my e-mail and get on here,well,I can do alittle more,but you get my point.
        FOXS-XS11SG

2009 Suzuki V Strom 650,Adventure in Touring,I call her "Smooth" SW Motech engine guard,Coocase top case w/ LED brake and tail lights,20" MRA touring screen w/adjusable bracket,Grip heaters,fender ex-tender,Givi hard sidebags

1980 XS11SG-sold
        1999 Vulcan classic-sold
        1982 XJ 650-sold

Old is only a state of mind......John

Comment

Yep, been happening for a while. I just tolerate it I guess, as I'm not getting into changing any computer settings just for this. No problems elsewhere.
          80 SG
          81 SH in parts
          99 ST1100
          91 ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by DeanR View Post
            Yep, been happening for a while. I just tolerate it I guess, as I'm not getting into changing any computer settings just for this. No problems elsewhere.
            Me too
            Phil
            1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
            1983 XJ 650 Maxim
            2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

I guess I will have to try and figure this whole host thing out cause it is a real nuisance lately trying to get on the site or make a post. PM'ing is almost impossible without doing it on a notepad and then using the copy /paste as I get kicked off almost 90% of the time. I have had it act up before but the past 3 weeks has been downright ignorant. At least I have learned to copy my stuff before hitting submit so I do not have to redo everything 4 times. New members must think we are all nuts. I know if I had the difficulties I now have when I joined I would have simply pulled stakes and went elsewhere. Damn I am glad that did not happen.
              2-79 XS1100 SF
              2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
              80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
              Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputin View Post
                I guess I will have to try and figure this whole host thing out cause it is a real nuisance lately trying to get on the site or make a post. PM'ing is almost impossible without doing it on a notepad and then using the copy /paste as I get kicked off almost 90% of the time. I have had it act up before but the past 3 weeks has been downright ignorant. At least I have learned to copy my stuff before hitting submit so I do not have to redo everything 4 times. New members must think we are all nuts. I know if I had the difficulties I now have when I joined I would have simply pulled stakes and went elsewhere. Damn I am glad that did not happen.
                I know, right?

On "The other site" (Easy Doug, just an example) we had to drop our host and build our own server to be able to control those things and not loose all the data.

It's working great now. If we have a problem Bigfoot can fix it himself.
                Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

For whom ever needs information this may be of some help. I also loose conection to the site quite often and usually get arround the problem by going directly to forums or members lounge instead of going to main page. I do not see what would cause this other than a possible security package on a server and heavy access being seen as an attack. The clue for me is the site name is actually located but access is refused.
                  To fix the problem one should not make more assumptions than the minimum needed.

Rodan
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khm6...liHntN91DHjHiS
                  1980 G Silverbird
                  Original Yamaha Fairfing and Bags
                  1198 Overbore kit
                  Grizzly 660 ACCT
                  Barnett Clutch Springs
                  R1 Clutch Fiber Plates
                  122.5 Main Jets
                  ACCT Mod
                  Mac 4-2 Flare Tips
                  Antivibe Bar ends
                  Rear trunk add-on
                  http://s1184.photobucket.com/albums/z329/viperron1/

Comment

I've tried all the back doors and for me when it's out, it's out. Sometimes a few minutes and sometimes an hour.
                    Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Same here. Tried every back door and my phone access and the nieghbors computer. When I am out I am out.
                      2-79 XS1100 SF

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                        I've tried all the back doors and for me when it's out, it's out. Sometimes a few minutes and sometimes an hour.
                        I knew better than to click on this thread.

And did you really say " I know right?" like some 15 year old girl?
                        Trapped in time. Surrounded by evil. Low on gas.

1980 XS1100G 1179 kit, Tkat brace, progressive springs & shocks, jardine spaghetti, Mikes coils, Geezer's rectifier

Comment

Originally posted by Elevener View Post
                          I knew better than to click on this thread.

And did you really say " I know right?" like some 15 year old girl?
                          A sick and Dirty mind....I love it!!!
                          2-79 XS1100 SF

Comment

LOL....yeah, the sick dirty mind lives in a SMALL town in Tejas.

Are you coming to San Antonio on Memorial Day AH?
                            Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Hey guys,

Can you go to this site,
                              http://www.anchorfree.com/

download their FREE version of HotspotShield VPN, install it, and then next time you have access trouble, close your browser, start up the HotSpotShield, and then the browser, and then try to access the site again. IF you're then able to get on the site, then it's something with the hosts security perceiving your IP as doing something wrong? The HotspotShield provides another IP for your computer so the site will see a different IP than your normal access IP.

However, if using this program doesn't help/solve the access problem, then you can use this site: http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ and just type in the site url, and it'll tell you if the site is down or up.

T.C.
                              T. C. Gresham
                              81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                              79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                              History shows again and again,
                              How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Working...
                              X