first AUSTRALIAN XS rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first AUSTRALIAN XS rally

we have set a date for our first rally, the w/end of the 6 & 7th of may 2012

we,ve settled on the town of Bourke in the state of New South Wales,
    as close to centre of all attending members as possible considering the distances

we have a lot of fellas travelling around the 1000klm to get there, give or take for the w/end , and 1 bloke coming down from far north Queensland travelling a touch over 2000klm for the w/end

double the klms up and we should have a nice run for the old bikes
    never ride faster than your gaurdian angel
    can fly

1981 rh 5N5
    MIDNIGHTSPECIAL
    1188cc
    4 into 1 pipes with a transac muffler,
    as the motorcycling gods intended everything else stock std

http://s856.photobucket.com/home/steptoexs11
    http://steptoexs11.webs.com/
    http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?feature=mhum

1982 vf750 sabre

About time y'all got one together down there Steptoe. Your gonna have a great time I know.

Take lots of pictures and maybe a video or two.
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Yes indeed about time...what has taken y'all soo long? Once you've experienced the meeting and placing faces to the names you'll want to repeat it to the point of it easily being a yearly tradition like we do here. XSEast is traditionally on our Memorial Day weekend every year. And the various other yearly events as you prolly already know... This year we're in Cambridge Ohio...Hope y'all have a good time...safe travels...
      1980 XS650G Special-Two
      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Not sure what you mean by about time???? We're only been going since October 10, 2009 and due to the size of Australia, finally being able to select a site that was sort of central for all our members to get to was a job in itself. Like it is a huge undertaking to hold a NATIONAL rally in AUS.
        Here's what I'm saying -

Whereabouts would you guys pick to hold a United states National rally?
        It's a tough one, eh?
        Actually, I've been searching old threads for reference to a US national rally and can't find any. Only North, South, East, west etc, so have you had one yet??
        79 SF Special W/ Stock all original motor @ 384,000klms
        Stock exhaust, stock airbox, XJ sump, 78E carbs, Xs1100RH seat, Bosch superhorns, 5/8ths front M/c, braided lines, sintered SBS pads, drilled discs, progressive springs, 8" 50w HID headlight 4300K, 2 x 50w HID spiral driving lights, KONI shocks, Spade fuse box
        *Touring mode - Plexistar 2 screen, Gearsack rack & bag & saddlebags, homebuilt towbar
        *"The Keg"- UC torana hubs, XS11 discs, Tokico 4 spot calipers

Comment

Yeah

Some don't go very far for a rally and of course I'm pretty sure petrol down there is more expensive like most everything else. I think everyone who rides should do a cross country trip here at least once.
          You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
          Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
          Drilled airbox
          Tkat fork brace
          Hardly mufflers
          late model carbs
          Newer style fuses
          Oil pressure guage
          Custom security system
          Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

Another Aussie here

We eventually settled on a spot after a couple of months debating, at Bourke, NSW. Which in Evereadys overlaid map would be approximately 1/2 way between Chicago and New Orleans if you ran a straight line. The countdwn is on .....less than 2 weeks to go

Comment

Originally posted by Jonesy View Post
              Another Aussie here

We eventually settled on a spot after a couple of months debating, at Bourke, NSW. Which in Evereadys overlaid map would be approximately 1/2 way between Chicago and New Orleans if you ran a straight line. The countdwn is on .....less than 2 weeks to go
              LOL that would put you somewhere around Memphis, Tennessee on my map. Head a little bit west and you'll be in northern Arkansas. Good riding there.
              Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

If I win the lottery this weekend maybe I will fly my bike there and join you fellows for a ride. Ahhh One can dream about it anyway.
                2-79 XS1100 SF
                2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
                80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
                Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

The rally turned out to be great, for a first attempt.

Here's some links to some of the events stories & pics -

http://xs1100.com.au/forum/index.php?topic=1511.0

http://xs1100.com.au/forum/index.php?topic=1517.0

http://xs1100.com.au/forum/index.php?topic=1513.0

http://xs1100.com.au/forum/index.php?topic=1522.0
                  79 SF Special W/ Stock all original motor @ 384,000klms
                  Stock exhaust, stock airbox, XJ sump, 78E carbs, Xs1100RH seat, Bosch superhorns, 5/8ths front M/c, braided lines, sintered SBS pads, drilled discs, progressive springs, 8" 50w HID headlight 4300K, 2 x 50w HID spiral driving lights, KONI shocks, Spade fuse box
                  *Touring mode - Plexistar 2 screen, Gearsack rack & bag & saddlebags, homebuilt towbar
                  *"The Keg"- UC torana hubs, XS11 discs, Tokico 4 spot calipers

Comment

Originally posted by Eveready1100 View Post

Here's some links to some of the events stories & pics -
                    THANKS for posting the links - a really great Travelogue. Pictures and Scenes and Storyline are A+. Looks like a fun event - good riding - with great stories to remember. Also a stellar grouping of machines. Call it rally or whatever, it is always fun to get a group together for a ride. It is not easy to coordinate bringing a people together for an event, but end result is well worth the effort. "Ready to Ride" is the mantra we strive for...... Travelogue shows ready-willing-able, indeed.

Jeff
                    78' XS1100 E
                    78' XS1100 E
                    78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                    '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                    '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

You guys rock! If we shared your dedication over here, we wouldn't be able to find a place big enough to hold a rally.
                      Marty (in Mississippi)
                      XS1100SG
                      XS650SK
                      XS650SH
                      XS650G
                      XS6502F
                      XS650E

Comment

Actually, Camp XS in back in 1997 was the first national rally, located in Kansas as I recall. Though not billed as a national rally it was open to all, drew folks from the Midwest mostly. Back then most of us still rode XS11s. I’m not sure if there’s anyone on the site who attended. I think the write-up is back up on the old Yahoo Groups page or on the site that preceded that one.

From what I read it was a very good time but because of the distances the impetus for the regional rallies. The first Camp XSEast was held back in Sep 98. Yours truly made that one and all the XSEasts since then except for 2003 when heavy rains caused my coils to misfire. I think TC saw me turn back on that one.

Looks like you folks had a solid rally. Beware, they’re addicting. If there was a cheap way to get there to ride I’d join you for the next one. How easy is it to learn to ride on the wrong side of the road? Right turns could be interesting.
                        Darrell
                        78E
                        80G project
                        06FJR

Comment

Working...
                        X