Busy Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Busy Weekend

My Cousin and his boy, and my boy and I are going to the SuperCross races @ Seahawk Stadium In Seattle tomorrow. That outta be a blast! Sunday My Buddy Ed, his wife, the guy that ended up with my R1, his buddy, SWMBO and myself are headed out for a long day trip up the Columbia River Gorge. I'll post pics when we get back in the ride report area. Show you flat-landers what a hill looks like!
    Don
    1979 XS1100SF "Old Man" bought by my Dad brand new in 79, customized in 80 with Vetter, Standard tank, and touring seat. I inherited in 02 when Dad passed. Been riding it since 09. No resto, bike is a survivor...

2007 RoadStar 1700 Midnight Silverado "The Black Pearl" Cobra Slash-downs, K&N filter. More mods to come

old:
    1989 kawi ex500
    1996 yzf-r6
    1999 yzf-r1
    2001 kawi zx-6r
    2000 Ducati 748
    2002 YZF-R1
    2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Don
    I forget sometimes that those folks out in the midwest, and east think those bumps are mountains.
    1980 XS1100LG Midnight
    1991 Honda CBR1000F Hurricane

"The hand is almost valueless at one end of the arm if there be not a brain at the other"

Here's to a long life and a happy one.
    A quick death and an easy one.
    A pretty girl and an honest one.
    A cold beer and another one!

Comment

Originally posted by ddragon63 View Post
      I'll post pics when we get back in the ride report area. Show you flat-landers what a hill looks like!
      Really?...................c'mon down here in this neck of the woods if you REALLY wanna raise your pucker factor..............
      81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
        Really?...................c'mon down here in this neck of the woods if you REALLY wanna raise your pucker factor..............
        I said Flat-landers not Mountain Goats
        Don
        1979 XS1100SF "Old Man" bought by my Dad brand new in 79, customized in 80 with Vetter, Standard tank, and touring seat. I inherited in 02 when Dad passed. Been riding it since 09. No resto, bike is a survivor...

2007 RoadStar 1700 Midnight Silverado "The Black Pearl" Cobra Slash-downs, K&N filter. More mods to come

old:
        1989 kawi ex500
        1996 yzf-r6
        1999 yzf-r1
        2001 kawi zx-6r
        2000 Ducati 748
        2002 YZF-R1
        2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

Originally posted by XS1100 Newbie View Post
          Don
          I forget sometimes that those folks out in the midwest, and east think those bumps are mountains.
          Ya... Our first stop is the Vista House @ crown point... if your afraid of heights don't look over @ the river... lol!

We're meeting up @ the McDonald's on Airport way @ 10 if you wanna join up? Gonna go as far as Biggs, cross the river to Stonehenge and then come Hwy 14 home.
          Don

old:
          1989 kawi ex500
          1996 yzf-r6
          1999 yzf-r1
          2001 kawi zx-6r
          2000 Ducati 748
          2002 YZF-R1
          2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

Sounds like a good time. Make sure you get pictures!

A handful of guys I grew up with travel around and setup the race track. Then they stand out on the track and help with the wrecks. He calls the holeshot and then covers the wrecks on the whoops. Here's my buddy hard at work... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkbHu...e_gdata_player

And here too...
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5QJB...e_gdata_player
            Last edited by WMarshy; 04-20-2012, 10:27 PM.
            '79 XS11 F
            Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
            Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
            GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

Originally posted by WMarshy View Post
              Sounds like a good time. Make sure you get pictures!

A handful of guys I grew up with travel around and setup the race track. Then they stand out on the track and help with the wrecks. He calls the holeshot and then covers the wrecks on the whoops. Here's my buddy hard at work... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkbHu...e_gdata_player

And here too...
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5QJB...e_gdata_player
              very cool we are sitting right behind the holeshot so we will have a good view of the finish line. Plus we got pit passes so the kids can go down and see the bikes and the pro's.... gonna be a fun guy day
              Don

old:
              1989 kawi ex500
              1996 yzf-r6
              1999 yzf-r1
              2001 kawi zx-6r
              2000 Ducati 748
              2002 YZF-R1
              2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

"Old Man" is all cleaned up and ready for Sunday.... Splash some gas in him Sunday morning and we are ready to go. Should be a fun 250+ mile ride
                Don

old:
                1989 kawi ex500
                1996 yzf-r6
                1999 yzf-r1
                2001 kawi zx-6r
                2000 Ducati 748
                2002 YZF-R1
                2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

Hey dragon, sounds like fun. I really like "old man", he has a strange paint job. It is sort of like the 70's "street freak" paint jobs, i would never change it if it were mine. Have fun!
                  Jeff
                  77 XS750 2D completely stock
                  79 SF XS1100 "Picky" stock with harley mufflers

Comment

Originally posted by jjz28 View Post
                    Hey dragon, sounds like fun. I really like "old man", he has a strange paint job. It is sort of like the 70's "street freak" paint jobs, i would never change it if it were mine. Have fun!
                    Well it was painted in 1980... back then I think they thought we would be living on space ships by now... Here's a closer look @ the air brushing. A buddy of my Dad's painted it for him. They gold flaked the burgundy too... total 70's and 80's. and it will never change. I don't feel like being struck by lightning

Don

old:
                    1989 kawi ex500
                    1996 yzf-r6
                    1999 yzf-r1
                    2001 kawi zx-6r
                    2000 Ducati 748
                    2002 YZF-R1
                    2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

very cool! I didnt see the airbrushing, very nice.
                      Jeff
                      77 XS750 2D completely stock
                      79 SF XS1100 "Picky" stock with harley mufflers

Comment

Working...
                      X