Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did a little camping last weekend...

Oh yeah. It was good

XS11SH :: K&N Pods, 4->1, Dynojet kit, Barnett clutch springs, TC's fuse block, ATGATT

Well, goodness. Look what we've got here.

Left out of work that Friday with a backpack and a tent strapped to the back, for a good little 3 hour tour to this beautiful spot. Got to the campground right at sunset, and spent the night toasting the river .

Times like this I wish I had some luggage on the bike, but I couldn't deal with it all the time, most of my riding is a commute with a backpack strapped on. I think I'm going to try out a tail bag.
    XS11SH :: K&N Pods, 4->1, Dynojet kit, Barnett clutch springs, TC's fuse block, ATGATT

Well, goodness. Look what we've got here.

Comment

very nice!
      Don
      1979 XS1100SF "Old Man" bought by my Dad brand new in 79, customized in 80 with Vetter, Standard tank, and touring seat. I inherited in 02 when Dad passed. Been riding it since 09. No resto, bike is a survivor...

2007 RoadStar 1700 Midnight Silverado "The Black Pearl" Cobra Slash-downs, K&N filter. More mods to come

old:
      1989 kawi ex500
      1996 yzf-r6
      1999 yzf-r1
      2001 kawi zx-6r
      2000 Ducati 748
      2002 YZF-R1
      2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Crawdad View Post
        Left out of work that Friday with a backpack and a tent strapped to the back, for a good little 3 hour tour to this beautiful spot. Got to the campground right at sunset, and spent the night toasting the river .

Times like this I wish I had some luggage on the bike, but I couldn't deal with it all the time, most of my riding is a commute with a backpack strapped on. I think I'm going to try out a tail bag.
        Hi Danny,
        Very Nice. I find a rear Rack with sissy bar is very useful. Often offered by members here.
        Phil
        1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
        1983 XJ 650 Maxim
        2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

To bad I moved from there. I have a luggage rack just taking up space. And a set of saddlebags also. Biggest prob would be finding box to ship in.
          Trapped in time. Surrounded by evil. Low on gas.

1980 XS1100G 1179 kit, Tkat brace, progressive springs & shocks, jardine spaghetti, Mikes coils, Geezer's rectifier

Comment

Awesome Danny! I need to try that whole camping from bike back sometime!
            Joab

"If nothing else, it will be interesting..."
            Ozark, Alabama

Comment

that reminds me of easy rider. Me an my wife are going to take a week and do that. We arent getting a campround though, we'll pitch the tent where ever we feel like it>
              Jeff
              77 XS750 2D completely stock
              79 SF XS1100 "Picky" stock with harley mufflers

Comment

Working...
              X