Another what fairing is this thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another what fairing is this thread

Yep the title says it all. I am trying to identify and classify this fairing. I may be looking for another windshield for it and want to see what is available.

Thanks in advance as I know that someone here will be able to help.

Ray

Trying not to offend since Aug 28, 2010

Disclaimer: I am an idiot. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
    Owner of:
    1979 XS1100F (The Pig)
    140 mains
    45 pilot jets
    Floats at 24mm
    Running Rich

"Arrogant, delusional tyrants can't be stopped by earnest words and furrowed brows. Action, strong bold action coming from a position of strength and determination, is the only effective deterrent." -Mitt Romney

Pacifico. What model I don't know.

https://www.google.com/search?q=paci...N8_o2gWoup2UBQ
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

One of the versions of the Pacifico aero fairing I think? Could be wrong.
      Nathan
      KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
      K&N Filter
      #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
      OEM Exhaust
      ATK Fork Brace
      LED Dash lights
      Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
      SS Brake Lines
      Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
        ha, I like how c-bug bike pic is one of the first few pics in that Google search link there greg.
        Nathan
        KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
        K&N Filter
        OEM Exhaust
        ATK Fork Brace
        LED Dash lights

Green Monster Coils
        SS Brake Lines

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Ray. Yours look very similar in design to this one. A pic of the console area may help a bit. If I had taken one of mine I would have posted it, but I was not thinking so well then as picture taking takes ALL of my skills at once...lol.

The ID plate that is on the one I showed is.

While you have the Fairing gods interested I hope you do not mind if I add one that needs Identification. Not trying to hijack your thread, just hanging on to your coat tails.

2-79 XS1100 SF
          2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
          80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
          Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

Originally posted by rman View Post
            Yep the title says it all. I am trying to identify and classify this fairing. I may be looking for another windshield for it and want to see what is available.

Thanks in advance as I know that someone here will be able to help.

Ray

Pretty cool looking fairing though.
            Joab

"If nothing else, it will be interesting..."
            Ozark, Alabama

Comment

Scroll down on that link I sent you and you'll find this.......

1977 Yamaha XS750 w/ rare factory fairing
              Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Ras,

That first one is for certain a Pacifico Aero. That second o e I am also pretty sure is Pacifico, not sure on model though.
                Nathan
                KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
                K&N Filter
                OEM Exhaust
                ATK Fork Brace
                LED Dash lights

Green Monster Coils
                SS Brake Lines

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Go back and look at my last post Nate.

That even looks like the same bike.
                  Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                    Go back and look at my last post Nate.

That even looks like the same bike.
                    What's your point?
                    Nathan
                    KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
                    K&N Filter
                    OEM Exhaust
                    ATK Fork Brace
                    LED Dash lights

Green Monster Coils
                    SS Brake Lines

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

I guess I have none Nate. I ain't as pointed as you.
                      Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by rman View Post
                        I've got a Pacifico windshield with vents in very good condition available. But , sorry, it is not shaped like that one. Anyone else need a regular pacifico windshield PM me. Didn't mean to hijack the thread. i think that'll be a tought one to find.
                        Tom Clisham

Age is relative YOU WON"T GET OLD TIL YOU SELL THE BIKE

'78xs1100E ,all stock & original GONE TO WISCONSIN

'80 SG Vetter fairing,hard bags,trunk,fork brace,
                        stock headers with fishtail mufflers,black & beautiful GONE TO ARIZONA

79SF lowered,jardine 4/2 exhaust,pod filters,drilled rotors,fork brace, bar hopper

79SF 1 owner,8000 miles, restoring to completely original ( I hope) GONE TO FRANCE

Comment

The bike in the starting post is an 1977 XS750 2D. I love the look of the fairing and am mounting it on my XS 1100. It says yamaha on the tag. So far I get that it is a "Rare factory fairing" LOL I like that part, but am still attempting to classify, seems to be a pacifico just not sure of the model.
                          Trying not to offend since Aug 28, 2010

Disclaimer: I am an idiot. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
                          Owner of:
                          1979 XS1100F (The Pig)
                          140 mains
                          45 pilot jets
                          Floats at 24mm
                          Running Rich

"Arrogant, delusional tyrants can't be stopped by earnest words and furrowed brows. Action, strong bold action coming from a position of strength and determination, is the only effective deterrent." -Mitt Romney

Comment

It looks about the same as all the others just the fairing itself is a little different.

Save that bottom piece and someone can make you one.
                            Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

You might go HERE and poke around or even join up and ask some questions.
                              Last edited by BA80; 04-19-2012, 06:43 PM.
                              Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Working...
                              X