X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures of Old Man and its new stable mate

got em both cleaned up a bit this morning. heres a few pics

Don
    1979 XS1100SF "Old Man" bought by my Dad brand new in 79, customized in 80 with Vetter, Standard tank, and touring seat. I inherited in 02 when Dad passed. Been riding it since 09. No resto, bike is a survivor...

2007 RoadStar 1700 Midnight Silverado "The Black Pearl" Cobra Slash-downs, K&N filter. More mods to come

old:
    1989 kawi ex500
    1996 yzf-r6
    1999 yzf-r1
    2001 kawi zx-6r
    2000 Ducati 748
    2002 YZF-R1
    2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Looks good Don. Looks like they belong together. Are you frying up a turkey in that cooker I see there too.
    '79 XS11SF

Comment

I just noticed that is a GINORMOUS trunk on that thing. You carry your Civic around with you?
      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Greg,you beat me to it,was gonna ask why he had the dog house on the back rack. Nice bikes though,Washed the SG up this morning too,was gonna post a pic,but decided to ride instead.
        FOXS-XS11SG

2009 Suzuki V Strom 650,Adventure in Touring,I call her "Smooth" SW Motech engine guard,Coocase top case w/ LED brake and tail lights,20" MRA touring screen w/adjusable bracket,Grip heaters,fender ex-tender,Givi hard sidebags

1980 XS11SG-sold
        1999 Vulcan classic-sold
        1982 XJ 650-sold

Old is only a state of mind......John

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
          I just noticed that is a GINORMOUS trunk on that thing. You carry your Civic around with you?
          you can put 2 full face helmets in it and more... I've put a 30 pack of beer and 3 family sized take and bake pizza's in it

It works well for a little grocery shopping too.
          and theres a luggage rack on top for more stuff

Ya'll just jealous
          Don
          1979 XS1100SF "Old Man" bought by my Dad brand new in 79, customized in 80 with Vetter, Standard tank, and touring seat. I inherited in 02 when Dad passed. Been riding it since 09. No resto, bike is a survivor...

2007 RoadStar 1700 Midnight Silverado "The Black Pearl" Cobra Slash-downs, K&N filter. More mods to come

old:
          1989 kawi ex500
          1996 yzf-r6
          1999 yzf-r1
          2001 kawi zx-6r
          2000 Ducati 748
          2002 YZF-R1
          2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

just went out and took Old Man for a spin. It's alot easier transition for V-Star to XS then it was from R1 to XS. I must say the ISO grips on the V-Star are badassness.... I'm gonna get a set for Old Man. Thinking the Anodized Black ones. I don't wanna pay the 60 bucks for a pair of them, but damn they are worth it
            Don

old:
            1989 kawi ex500
            1996 yzf-r6
            1999 yzf-r1
            2001 kawi zx-6r
            2000 Ducati 748
            2002 YZF-R1
            2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

Rose is close enough to PINK CADILLAC
              Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

i get the point... LOL
                Don

old:
                1989 kawi ex500
                1996 yzf-r6
                1999 yzf-r1
                2001 kawi zx-6r
                2000 Ducati 748
                2002 YZF-R1
                2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

That would be a good name I think. You would even have a theme song.

It's almost pink and it sure looks like a Cadillac.
                  Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

She has been named. Isabel, but shes a bad girl so she goes by "Izzy"

and yes I have too much time on my hands to think about this stuff sometimes

thanks for the input trdriver

Greg... sorry no Pink Cadillac
                    Don

old:
                    1989 kawi ex500
                    1996 yzf-r6
                    1999 yzf-r1
                    2001 kawi zx-6r
                    2000 Ducati 748
                    2002 YZF-R1
                    2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

I run those Iso grips on every bike I have running. I love them. The only issues you will find is that they are longer than our stock grips and fatter. The longer I dealt with with bar end wieghts cut to fit. That helped move the harmonics in the bars to where I like it. Tha fatter part is only a pain in the fact that clutch and brake adjustments need to be done on a much finer level. With the fatter grips you lose some of the travel in the clutch so you have to be exactly right on your setting. Other than that they fit my hands great and reduce vibration considerably. I know some others here prefer stock or other grips but the Iso's are rocking in my world.
                      2-79 XS1100 SF
                      2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
                      80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
                      Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

He has a trunk that large, so when I finally get a chance to go riding with him, he can carry all the spare parts I will need
                        Joab

"If nothing else, it will be interesting..."
                        Ozark, Alabama

Comment

I've put 250 miles on Izzy in the last 4 days running about town. Its really easy to just get lost on that bike... I went to show it off to a buddy yesterday after work, he lives 12 miles away. Took me 41 miles to get to his house.

Then I rode it to work today.... weatherman lied!!!! Rode home in the rain! now I gotta polish all the waterspots off the chrome again
                          Don

old:
                          1989 kawi ex500
                          1996 yzf-r6
                          1999 yzf-r1
                          2001 kawi zx-6r
                          2000 Ducati 748
                          2002 YZF-R1
                          2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

Originally posted by Joab View Post
                            He has a trunk that large, so when I finally get a chance to go riding with him, he can carry all the spare parts I will need
                            LMAO!!!! We could probably put most of a motor in that trunk... its nice! I love watching my buddies try and cram stuff in their lil trunks or side bags. I open the trunk and pull out a cooler and offer them a water to cool them off
                            Don

old:
                            1989 kawi ex500
                            1996 yzf-r6
                            1999 yzf-r1
                            2001 kawi zx-6r
                            2000 Ducati 748
                            2002 YZF-R1
                            2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

Originally posted by ddragon63 View Post
                              LMAO!!!! We could probably put most of a motor in that trunk... its nice! I love watching my buddies try and cram stuff in their lil trunks or side bags. I open the trunk and pull out a cooler and offer them a water to cool them off
                              Cruel and unusual... of course, there is something to be said for actually seeing behind you too...
                              Joab

"If nothing else, it will be interesting..."
                              Ozark, Alabama

Comment

Working...
                              X