The view from my front porch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The view from my front porch

the mountain is out today and calling me... once the garage is cleaned I must go see her.

Don
    1979 XS1100SF "Old Man" bought by my Dad brand new in 79, customized in 80 with Vetter, Standard tank, and touring seat. I inherited in 02 when Dad passed. Been riding it since 09. No resto, bike is a survivor...

2007 RoadStar 1700 Midnight Silverado "The Black Pearl" Cobra Slash-downs, K&N filter. More mods to come

old:
    1989 kawi ex500
    1996 yzf-r6
    1999 yzf-r1
    2001 kawi zx-6r
    2000 Ducati 748
    2002 YZF-R1
    2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Is that St Helens? Were you there when it blew up? I was in Billings, Mt. when that happened and everything there was covered in ash.
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Ya thats st Helens. I was 1 when she blew lol
      Don
      1979 XS1100SF "Old Man" bought by my Dad brand new in 79, customized in 80 with Vetter, Standard tank, and touring seat. I inherited in 02 when Dad passed. Been riding it since 09. No resto, bike is a survivor...

2007 RoadStar 1700 Midnight Silverado "The Black Pearl" Cobra Slash-downs, K&N filter. More mods to come

old:
      1989 kawi ex500
      1996 yzf-r6
      1999 yzf-r1
      2001 kawi zx-6r
      2000 Ducati 748
      2002 YZF-R1
      2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

Dang it kid, you must be about the same age as my oldest son then.
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Just turned 33 last month
          Don

old:
          1989 kawi ex500
          1996 yzf-r6
          1999 yzf-r1
          2001 kawi zx-6r
          2000 Ducati 748
          2002 YZF-R1
          2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
            Is that St Helens? Were you there when it blew up? I was in Billings, Mt. when that happened and everything there was covered in ash.
            I was 17 and lived in Kennewick WA. It looked like it was going to be a very nice day and I was getting ready to go for a ride. I remember looking up at the sky just before I walking into a Shucks auto parts store. I thought those are the strangest clouds I have ever seen. When I went back outside just 15 minutes later, it was getting very dark fast! There was no ride that day.

Larry
            Inventor of the YICS Eliminator. Want one? Get it here.
            http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...399#post183399

If you're not riding, you're not living!
            82 XJ1100
            80 XS1100G (Project bike)
            64 Yamaha YA-6
            77 Suzuki TS-185

79 XS1100SF Built this one for a friend.
            See it here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBYT4C9_6Ac

Comment

Wow, that event was 32 years ago?
              80 SG
              81 SH in parts
              99 ST1100
              91 ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by ddragon63 View Post
                Just turned 33 last month
                Greg jr will be 32 this june.
                Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by Yahman View Post
                  I was 17 and lived in Kennewick WA. It looked like it was going to be a very nice day and I was getting ready to go for a ride. I remember looking up at the sky just before I walking into a Shucks auto parts store. I thought those are the strangest clouds I have ever seen. When I went back outside just 15 minutes later, it was getting very dark fast! There was no ride that day.

Larry
                  I was 21 and working at a little service station in Billings. We sold a LOT of air filters there for a couple of weeks.

Everything was covered with grey/white ash and the sky looked overcast.
                  Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Great view Don. Here is what I see out my front door today.

'79 XS11SF

Comment

Brrrrrrrrrr............80ΒΊ here today. Rained this morning but nice and sunny now.
                      Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

It is about 30 here right now.
                        '79 XS11SF

Comment

65 here... just got home from taking each kid on a ride on the V-Star... gonna eat something then head out on Old Man for a few miles... V-Star is still unnamed. I'm thinking "Rosy", for the color, and the general good mood it puts me in while I'm riding it dunno yet.
                          Don

old:
                          1989 kawi ex500
                          1996 yzf-r6
                          1999 yzf-r1
                          2001 kawi zx-6r
                          2000 Ducati 748
                          2002 YZF-R1
                          2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

Originally posted by ddragon63 View Post
                            I'm thinking "Rosy", for the color, and the general good mood it puts me in while I'm riding it dunno yet.
                            As in "Rosie Palm" ?

Keep your hands where we can see 'em.
                            Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                              As in "Rosie Palm" ?
                              Keep your hands where we can see 'em.
                              Good point Greg

I've been thinkin Lil Girl to go with Old Man... But she ain't so Lil

I'll figure it out
                              Don

old:
                              1989 kawi ex500
                              1996 yzf-r6
                              1999 yzf-r1
                              2001 kawi zx-6r
                              2000 Ducati 748
                              2002 YZF-R1
                              2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

Working...
                              X