Hello again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello again.

It's been a while, just sayin Hi to everyone because its been so long... I've been busy with life I guess. The last 9 months or so have been crazy, some ups and some downs. The biggest and best thing worth mentioning is I have a baby girl on the way. She is due in the beginning of May so, this is like calm before the storm type of situation, just counting the days till .

For those of you who know Mr.66, I happen to be his neighbor and had the chance to meet him last spring. He helped me change my rear tire and we did a carb sync. Unfortunately, that was the only time I've been able to visit. If any of the NY riders are planning a short day trip (within NY) this summer let me know. I will probably need a day away, on the bike. It might be the only one I get lol.
    '79 XS11 F
    Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
    Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
    GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Congrats

Get all the sleep and riding in you can NOW before the baby arrives. Cuz after your daughter arrives, you'll need the sleep and riding won't seem as important anymore, probably for a while anyway. Your time will never be your own until they leave the nest. It's not a bad thing, it's just priorities change. Life has a whole new perspective. Oh, ya and they seem to come along in bunches after your your first, so don't throw away the baby clothes, toys and such. It's always better to recycle.$$$
    mack
    79 XS 1100 SF Special
    HERMES
    original owner
    http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps6932d5df.jpg

81 XS 1100 LH MNS
    SPICA
    http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad305/mack-055/2.jpg

78 XS 11E
    IOTA
    https://youtu.be/wB5Jfbp6SUc
    https://youtu.be/RaI3WYHSuWA

Have recovery trailer and shop if you breakdown in my area.
    Frankford, Ont, Canada
    613-398-6186

Comment

Thanks Mack, unfortunately I am working nights and 12 hr shifts from now till July. I will be taking about 10 days off when she arrives but until then I will be working 7 days a week (one day off doesn't do me any good so might as well get the cash). I think the dog is going to get a rude awakening when she realizes shes not #1 anymore.
      '79 XS11 F
      Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
      Stock, no title.

GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

Congrats... nothing like a Baby girl to keep a man busy. mine is 15 now and thinks she's got the world figured out. How the time fly's! Enjoy every day of it cuz it goes fast my man
        Don
        1979 XS1100SF "Old Man" bought by my Dad brand new in 79, customized in 80 with Vetter, Standard tank, and touring seat. I inherited in 02 when Dad passed. Been riding it since 09. No resto, bike is a survivor...

2007 RoadStar 1700 Midnight Silverado "The Black Pearl" Cobra Slash-downs, K&N filter. More mods to come

old:
        1989 kawi ex500
        1996 yzf-r6
        1999 yzf-r1
        2001 kawi zx-6r
        2000 Ducati 748
        2002 YZF-R1
        2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

congrats,girls are great,until there about 12,then all hell breaks out.I've got three,and they think they know everything,till something goes wrong,then you here them yell...DAD.mine are 24,21,and 18.and I'm still overprotective. My wife yells at me to leave them alone untill something goes wrong,then she yells.....DAD.
          FOXS-XS11SG

2009 Suzuki V Strom 650,Adventure in Touring,I call her "Smooth" SW Motech engine guard,Coocase top case w/ LED brake and tail lights,20" MRA touring screen w/adjusable bracket,Grip heaters,fender ex-tender,Givi hard sidebags

1980 XS11SG-sold
          1999 Vulcan classic-sold
          1982 XJ 650-sold

Old is only a state of mind......John

Comment

Congrats

Little girls can do everything little boys can...and make you cookies too

Originally posted by Cuda 69 View Post
            congrats,girls are great,until there about 12,then all hell breaks out.I've got three,and they think they know everything,till something goes wrong,then you here them yell...DAD.mine are 24,21,and 18.and I'm still overprotective. My wife yells at me to leave them alone untill something goes wrong,then she yells.....DAD.
            I have 6 girls ranging from 30 to 10 every one of them are a daddy's girl. When they get sick or are planning a wedding they ask for mom, When the get hurt or need to have something fixed they YELL for dad .

Enjoy the time you have with her, before you know it you will be giving her hand in marriage to some kid you hardly know (and your no longer the center of her universe).
            Ty

78 XS1100E - Now in Minnesota
            80 XS1100LG - The Punisher
            82 XJ1100 - Current project - The Twins
            82 XJ1100 - Wife's Bike - The Twins
            82 XJ1100 - Daughter's Bike
            72 Suzuki TS125 - Daughter's Bike
            72 Yamaha Mini JT2 - Youngest Daughter's bike (She wants a bigger one now)

Comment

Originally posted by WMarshy View Post
              - - - The biggest and best thing worth mentioning is I have a baby girl on the way. - - -
              Hi Wade,
              congratulations! Happiness is 3 hours of sleep.
              You will graduate over time from Dad changes the diaper to Dad buys the ice cream to Dad will bring the truck.
              Here's a phone exchange between me and an 18 year old daughter:-
              Dad, I gotta move, bring the truck.
              But you just moved into that furnished apartment last month.
              I lifted the box spring to sweep under it and found some underwear.
              So how did your underwear get there?
              It wasn't MY underwear! I gotta move right effin' NOW!
              Fred Hill, S'toon
              XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
              "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Originally posted by fredintoon View Post
                Hi Wade,
                Fred, I have a good understanding what you mean now. I figured I would share a pic or two... everyone is about recovered now and doing well. My daughter was born on 5/2 at 05:55 weighing 7lbs. We named her Livia

'79 XS11 F
                Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
                Stock, no title.

Comment

Originally posted by fredintoon View Post
                  Hi Wade,
                  Fred, I have a good understanding what you mean now. I figured I would share a pic or two... everyone is about recovered now and doing well. My daughter was born on 5/2 at 05:55 weighing 7lbs. We named her Livia

'79 XS11 F
                  Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
                  Stock, no title.

Comment

Congratulations!

She is adorable!
                    Enjoy every minute with her... they grow up SO fast
                    81 SH Something Special
                    81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                    81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
                    80 LG Black Magic
                    78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                    For those on FB

Comment

Congrats Wade! She Is a cutie!
                      Nathan
                      KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
                      K&N Filter
                      #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
                      OEM Exhaust
                      ATK Fork Brace
                      LED Dash lights
                      Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
                      SS Brake Lines
                      Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Congrats DAD!!!! Enjoy them now, all 7 lbs of crying screaming pooing fun!! When they get to be 18, they turn your hair grey, take your money, your car, and what little sanity you had left. Like Kat said, it happens fast!!
                        Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                        80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                        93 GSX600F
                        80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                        81 XS1100 Special
                        81 CB750 C
                        80 CB750 C
                        78 XS750

Comment

Baby boom

Thanks again everyone...

Just found out my brother and his wife had their baby boy at 2120 5/25, weighin in at 7lbs 5oz! This is my first nephew ever so I'm excited. They named him Nolan Douglas.
                          '79 XS11 F
                          Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
                          Stock, no title.

Comment

Working...
                          X