No announcement yet.

New lesson learned today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's always good to be dependable, right?

But don't worry, I try to be an equal opportunity smart-azz. lol.
    Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
    '06 Suzuki DR650
    *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
    '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
    '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
    '81 XS1100 Special
    '81 YZ250
    '80 XS850 Special
    '80 XR100
    *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

I simply hate alcohal abuse. My wife would like thoughs boots though
      FOXS-XS11SG

2009 Suzuki V Strom 650,Adventure in Touring,I call her "Smooth" SW Motech engine guard,Coocase top case w/ LED brake and tail lights,20" MRA touring screen w/adjusable bracket,Grip heaters,fender ex-tender,Givi hard sidebags

1980 XS11SG-sold
      1999 Vulcan classic-sold
      1982 XJ 650-sold

Old is only a state of mind......John

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda 69 View Post
        I simply hate alcohal abuse. My wife would like thoughs boots though
        it didn't go to waste... the Dogs were on it like a 3 legged cat
        Don
        1979 XS1100SF "Old Man" bought by my Dad brand new in 79, customized in 80 with Vetter, Standard tank, and touring seat. I inherited in 02 when Dad passed. Been riding it since 09. No resto, bike is a survivor...

2007 RoadStar 1700 Midnight Silverado "The Black Pearl" Cobra Slash-downs, K&N filter. More mods to come

old:
        1989 kawi ex500
        1996 yzf-r6
        1999 yzf-r1
        2001 kawi zx-6r
        2000 Ducati 748
        2002 YZF-R1
        2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

Originally posted by ddragon63 View Post
          it didn't go to waste... the Dogs were on it like a 3 legged cat
          At least SOMEONE was doing the right thing up there! :P
          Joab

"If nothing else, it will be interesting..."
          Ozark, Alabama

Comment

Many years ago, we had a keg party at a cousin's house. His mom had a beautiful white german shephard that loved beer. The next morning, we were cleaning up, and we let the dog drink all the half cups of beer laying around the place, and she (The dog) got tore up! It was frikkin hilarious. She'd fall on her side and legs would still be running. She loved to chase a frisbee and would crash three times going to get it... Later that evening, you could tell she was hurting. She'd just stare at us with bloodshot eyes. She wouldn't even come near a beer after that. I wish some people were that smart.. lol.
            Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
            '06 Suzuki DR650
            *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
            '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
            '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
            '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
            '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
            '81 XS1100 Special
            '81 YZ250
            '80 XS850 Special
            '80 XR100
            *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

I got a buddy (I think everyone has a buddy like this) We call him Drunk Dan. He shows up randomly unannounced about once a month... Usually a Sunday. He'll arrive about 10 am and already have 3 or 4 missing out of the 18 pack he totes in the door. He will let my Pit, Bella, sit in his lap and he will share his beer with her. And he wonders why he's 42 and single
              Don
              1979 XS1100SF "Old Man" bought by my Dad brand new in 79, customized in 80 with Vetter, Standard tank, and touring seat. I inherited in 02 when Dad passed. Been riding it since 09. No resto, bike is a survivor...

2007 RoadStar 1700 Midnight Silverado "The Black Pearl" Cobra Slash-downs, K&N filter. More mods to come

old:
              1989 kawi ex500
              1996 yzf-r6
              1999 yzf-r1
              2001 kawi zx-6r
              2000 Ducati 748
              2002 YZF-R1
              2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

Originally posted by trbig View Post
                His mom had a beautiful white german shephard that loved beer..
                My sister had a Springer Spaniel that was like that, but she (the dog) never made the connection between beer and the hangover.... Any sort of outdoor party and the dog would roam around looking for beers to knock over so she could lap up the spills. She would keep this up until she passed out, then sleep it off. Liked rum-and-cokes too, but those bozoed the dog pretty quickly....

They finally had to start tying the dog up during parties, as a drunk dog underfoot combined with human drunks made for too many accidents...
                Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
                '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
                '82 XJ rebuild project
                '80SG restified, red SOLD
                '79F parts...
                '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
                '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
                '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
                '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
                Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
                Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

I got a buddy (I think everyone has a buddy like this) We call him Drunk Dan. He shows up randomly unannounced about once a month... Usually a Sunday. He'll arrive about 10 am and already have 3 or 4 missing out of the 18 pack he totes in the door. He will let my Pit, Bella, sit in his lap and he will share his beer with her. And he wonders why he's 42 and single
                  Your right don we all have a buddy like that, oddly enough he is 40 and single too.
                  '79 XS11SF

Comment

Great, now I know what my future holds for me...
                    Joab

"If nothing else, it will be interesting..."
                    Ozark, Alabama

Comment

My buddy up to camp has a dog that just loves beer,we all sit around the camp fire and give him beer.Last year Matt(my buddy) comes to camp and tells us we can't give the dog anymore beer,we ask why? He says the vet says he's got a liver problem,I wonder how he got that? He should have went to AA,I guess he's just not a quiter.
                      FOXS-XS11SG

2009 Suzuki V Strom 650,Adventure in Touring,I call her "Smooth" SW Motech engine guard,Coocase top case w/ LED brake and tail lights,20" MRA touring screen w/adjusable bracket,Grip heaters,fender ex-tender,Givi hard sidebags

1980 XS11SG-sold
                      1999 Vulcan classic-sold
                      1982 XJ 650-sold

Old is only a state of mind......John

Comment

My older brother is the very same way. He has many dui's in the state of indiana you can drive a 49cc moped without a drivers licenese.well he has found through trial and error. that he can get a 12 pack with ice in the storage compartment under his seat. he rides a 2008 yamaha zuma. He rigged up a drain with a valve for letting the water out.On the down side he does have some scars from low speed scooter crashes.He is not exactly a rocket scientist.
                        1982 xj 1100
                        "The Ape"
                        http://youtu.be/AiQ8CqclHr4

Comment

Working...
                        X