156 mph in England?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 156 mph in England?

As you probably know, I ain't got much computer skills, so I will try to discribe how to get to the video I saw at the Telagraph news site in UK. Before you go, the purpose of this entry is that the whole thing looks 'funny'. First of all I didn't know that the English has squad cars that will do more that 150 mph. second as you watch, the speed of the motorcycle seems not to be going very much faster than the other cars. It's just hokey looking. OK, now comes the fun. I am a fan of Fark.com. I read it everyday. I started down the list and about 4th or so, I clicked on a story about an english shef that was stabbed in the back by his girlfriend but still wants to marry her when she gets out of prison. Over on the right side a ways down the article, there is some pictures of articles. One of them are labeled 156 mph! and shows a picture of a the rear end of a motorcycle. Click on that picture. Give it a try.
    Ole 'luddite' Jack
    Last edited by xs11jack; 04-11-2012, 12:05 PM. Reason: spelling?
    J.D."Jack" Smith
    1980G&S "Halfbreed"
    1978E straight job
    "We the people are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts, not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Life is like a coin, you can choose to spend it any way you wish, but you can only spend it once. Make your choices wisely.

It must have been James...
    Joab

"If nothing else, it will be interesting..."
    Ozark, Alabama

Comment

Originally posted by Joab View Post
      It must have been James...
      He was my first guess too...
      lol

Is this the link, Jack?

Motorcycle doing 156 in Cambridgeshire
      81 SH Something Special
      81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
      81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
      80 LG Black Magic
      78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
      For those on FB

Comment

James

That must be why he's always needing extra wheel bearings.
        Hill? What hill? I didn't see any hill! Why wasn't there a sign? And where are my keys?

80sg
        mods to come

Comment

Please understand if its in a UK newspaper its likely to be complete bollox, they're notorious for getting details completely wrong, through incompetence or simply making the story more "interesting" to the reading public, and bikers are an easy target for sensationalised stories.

You didn't know the UK would have squad cars that can do over 150mph??? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LOL You crack me up!!!
          With a population of over 60 million people what sort of county dya think this is? All the UK counties have top of the range BMW's, Mercedes, Mitsubishi Evo's, Range Rovers as traffic cars. The Mitsubishi Evo's are for chasing bikes on twisty roads.

Check the UK plates on this police car, fast enough for you?

The video was filmed by a plain colours undercover police bike, thats why the rider didn't recognise it as a police bike, they're using undercover video equipped Hayabusa's, Blackbirds and Fireblades to catch us now.

Tom
          1982 5K7 Sport, restored to original from a wreck
          1978 2H9 (E), my original XS11, mostly original
          1980 2H9 monoshocked (avatar pic)http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...psf30aa1c8.jpg
          1982 XJ1100, waiting resto to original

Comment

Observation...

Don't they use the metric system over there??? Why are the "dash cam" "radar" read outs in MPGs ????
            1980G Standard, Restored
            Kerker 4 - 1
            850 Rear End Mod
            2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
            Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
            Automatic CCT
            1980GH Special, Restored
            Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
            '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
            Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobia View Post
              Don't they use the metric system over there??? Why are the "dash cam" "radar" read outs in MPGs ????
              Sort Of. The Poms use both systems. Rest of Europe and most everywhere else is totally metric, 'cept you guys.
              1980 SG. (Sold - waiting on replacement)
              2000 XJR1300. The Real modern XS11. Others are just pretenders.

Woman (well, my wife anyway) are always on Transmit and never Receive.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be" Albert Einstien.

Comment

Working...
              X