What is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this?

I was reading in the classifieds, and there is a guy in Athens, Greece that is looking for a right side handle bar half for a 1.1 Sport? Those bikes don't have the same round pipe handlebars like the XS's have, or is it more like the the clip ons that are on the XJ? The pics that are here don't show the bars clear enough to determine what they look like.

My '81 XS1.1 Sport came standard with adjustable handlebars similar to what you see on some modern 'crotch rockets'. I'd think that's what the guy in Greece is looking for,

Do you have his details? I've got a spare set since I converted to pullbacks.

Comment

Handle bars

Justyn, he has an ad here in the parts wanted listing. I have two sets from an XJ11 but I'm not sure if they are the same. Checl out his ad, and maybe you can help him out. The XJ bars are two piece, the lowers are rectangular aluminum, and the uppers are round steel pipe. The resemble the clip ons from a crotch rocket also.

Comment

Hi John
        If theyre going I am after a set for my RH
        Glenn
        Sydney Australia

Comment

Originally posted by justyn.smith
          My '81 XS1.1 Sport came standard with adjustable handlebars similar to what you see on some modern 'crotch rockets'. I'd think that's what the guy in Greece is looking for,

Do you have his details? I've got a spare set since I converted to pullbacks.
          Justyn I mis replied to John
          i am after a set for my RH
          Glenn
          Sydney Australia

Comment

Glenn

I read where you guys are interested in the handel bars. I still don't even know if the XJ bars are the same as the bars on the XS1.1. Are they? I thought the 1.1 was just a Europian version of the Special. I have one set still on the parts bike, and one set on a bench in my garage. They're not perfect, but they are in decent shape.

Comment

Here's a pic for those who are confused...

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~kiewa6/bars.htm

I'll PM you about a price...

Comment

Handle Bars

Justyn, the bars in the picture are not like the bars on an XJ11. The XJ bars are two piece per side, but the lower section is unpainted aluminum, and the have quite a rise to them. The dimensions are about the same as that of the pull back bars on an XS Special. The bars in the pic look like drag bars. I don't think they are the same.

Comment

Sounds about right John, The bars shown are the stock bars that came with the euro(aus) 1.1 sport though. I've noticed that the bars in the U.S.A. seem to be slight pull-backs as standard accross a whole range of bikes, maybe a market preference thing... Either way they're the bars Glenn is looking for, and he's happy, so it all works out in the wash!

Comment

All's well that ends well. Glad you could help him out.

Comment

Working...
                    X