vin numbers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vin numbers.

im wondering if there is anywhere to figure out by vin where my bike was bought. i have a low last four numbers. im guessing that means mine was early in the build year1518. it would be cool if someone on here had one close to mine. im just curious im sitting at work bored cruising the site.
    1982 xj 1100
    "The Ape"
    http://youtu.be/AiQ8CqclHr4

I like it! would be kinda cool to see if others have bike VIN's close to each other. I know exactly where mine was bought new. But couldn't tell you when it was built and such.

The Dealer sticker is still on the top of the tail light from when Dad bought it. Said Dealership hasn't existed now for over 20 years. But I know exactly where it was!
    Don
    1979 XS1100SF "Old Man" bought by my Dad brand new in 79, customized in 80 with Vetter, Standard tank, and touring seat. I inherited in 02 when Dad passed. Been riding it since 09. No resto, bike is a survivor...

2007 RoadStar 1700 Midnight Silverado "The Black Pearl" Cobra Slash-downs, K&N filter. More mods to come

old:
    1989 kawi ex500
    1996 yzf-r6
    1999 yzf-r1
    2001 kawi zx-6r
    2000 Ducati 748
    2002 YZF-R1
    2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

I know exactly were my bike was bought,sticker still on the bike,and there still in buisness. was thinking of taking a ride over there,bet they don't have many 32 year old bikes come back to visit.
      FOXS-XS11SG

2009 Suzuki V Strom 650,Adventure in Touring,I call her "Smooth" SW Motech engine guard,Coocase top case w/ LED brake and tail lights,20" MRA touring screen w/adjusable bracket,Grip heaters,fender ex-tender,Givi hard sidebags

1980 XS11SG-sold
      1999 Vulcan classic-sold
      1982 XJ 650-sold

Old is only a state of mind......John

Comment

I know exactly were my bike was bought,sticker still on the bike,and there still in buisness. was thinking of taking a ride over there,bet they don't have many 32 year old bikes come back to visit.
        Hey Cuda,

I think mine was bought near you. It was a place called Alpin Haus somewhere in New York State. Ever hear of it?
        Hill? What hill? I didn't see any hill! Why wasn't there a sign? And where are my keys?

80sg
        mods to come

Comment

Working...
        X