No announcement yet.

XS Eleven Heaven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got my numbered copy yesterday with a nice note on the inside cover from Karla.Thanks for making it special. Terry
    1980 special (Phyllis)
    1196 10.5 to 1 kit,megacycle cams,shaved head,dynojet carb kit,ported intake and exhaust,mac 4 into 1 exhaust,drilled rotors,ss brake lines,pods,mikes xs green coils,iridium plugs,led lights,throttle lock,progressive shocks,oil cooler,ajustable cam gears,HD valve springs,Vmax tensioner mod

Comment

Where the bikes went !!

According to Karla, all bikes were sold except the sidecar rig. She's thinking about giving it to a museum.
      Larry Walker

Ham Radio kw4a
      ex Submarine Sailor (8 yrs)
      Dirt Rider 1970-1980
      Sreet Rider Touring 1980-2000
      Couch Potato 2000-Present
      1980 XS1100 Standard
      1979 XS650 Special
      2000 BMW R1150GS

Comment

Originally posted by steelraider View Post
        According to Karla, all bikes were sold except the sidecar rig. She's thinking about giving it to a museum.
        We want to know where they went!
        Nathan
        KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
        K&N Filter
        #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
        OEM Exhaust
        ATK Fork Brace
        LED Dash lights
        Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
        SS Brake Lines
        Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

I got my book and my bearings from James on the same day! Almost like Christmas! I read the entire book at work last night... I now have a different perspective on this bike!
          Joab

"If nothing else, it will be interesting..."
          Ozark, Alabama

Comment

Originally posted by Joab View Post
            I got my book and my bearings from James on the same day! Almost like Christmas! I read the entire book at work last night... I now have a different perspective on this bike!
            Good perspective I hope?

I quickly thumbed thru my copy and set it up on the fire place mantle like a display. I'm trying to hold off till our bike trip to central Oregon in June to read it. I'm not a big tv watcher while on vacation. I think after a whole day of sightseeing on the bikes, a good soak in the hot tub.... Kick back in the easy chair with this book and a couple 12 beers outta be the way to spend my evening unwinding.
            Don
            1979 XS1100SF "Old Man" bought by my Dad brand new in 79, customized in 80 with Vetter, Standard tank, and touring seat. I inherited in 02 when Dad passed. Been riding it since 09. No resto, bike is a survivor...

2007 RoadStar 1700 Midnight Silverado "The Black Pearl" Cobra Slash-downs, K&N filter. More mods to come

old:
            1989 kawi ex500
            1996 yzf-r6
            1999 yzf-r1
            2001 kawi zx-6r
            2000 Ducati 748
            2002 YZF-R1
            2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

Working...
            X