Astounding Revelation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astounding Revelation

After taking off all my modifications to the XS in preparation to selling it and selling them and putting all the stock parts back on. I sit in the garage and look at it with my other bikes and find I dont want to sell it, and I like it better stock. Go figure....
    Trapped in time. Surrounded by evil. Low on gas.

1980 XS1100G 1179 kit, Tkat brace, progressive springs & shocks, jardine spaghetti, Mikes coils, Geezer's rectifier

Originally posted by Elevener View Post
    After taking off all my modifications to the XS in preparation to selling it and selling them and putting all the stock parts back on. I sit in the garage and look at it with my other bikes and find I dont want to sell it, and I like it better stock. Go figure....
    Sounds like you are turning into an old fart. CZ

Comment

guess it takes one to know one. I never realized how ugly the fork brace is.oh, and did I say fu?

1980 XS1100G 1179 kit, Tkat brace, progressive springs & shocks, jardine spaghetti, Mikes coils, Geezer's rectifier

Comment

Keep the Classic

Keep the ol classic XS, most people that have them regret not keeping it around after selling them. I dont know how many good memories your xs gave you but I bet its a lot. Sure, there are more modern bikes, but like the 60's muscle cars, these xs1100 are like those, timeless classic steroidlike speed machines. Personally I also like the factory look on my xs and xj[s. So, I hope it stays or gets a good home as it will have lots of good memories to give.....Mike in Sun Diego
        mike
        1982 xj1100 maxim
        1981 venture bagger
        1999 Kawi Nomad 1500 greenie
        1959 wife

Comment

Hi Elevener,
          that's far better than watching the bike ride off into the sunset with it's new owner and all you are left with is a small pile of money and a huge sea of regret.
          But the TKAT brace is FU? WTF, you can't see the thing as you ride and it does help the handling, eh?
          Mind you, the alternative chrome tube brace is a touch ugly but even that one does it's job.
          Fred Hill, S'toon
          XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
          "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

No fred, I was saying fu to being called an old fart , the bike does 'look' better without it though. and if I want to go fast and handleing I have another bike that does it far better. Ill keep the 11 for nostalgia riding though.

Crap, guess that does make me an old fart.

Comment

Crap, guess that does make me an old fart.
              That is the true revelation is it not? lol
              1978 XS1100 Macho Maroon!
              http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/...s/DSC00361.jpg

Comment

yep, that's presale sellers remorse allright.
                testing 1-2-3

1980 1100 mns

Comment

I feel ya...I have owned my XJ since brand new...several times in the past few yrs I have put it up forsale...and each time I changed my mind...I just could not do it. It doesnt get ridden much but I would still miss it nonetheless if I sold the old bike...I know that makes me an old fart...F U I worked hard to get this way...LOL gonna turn the big 6-0 this summer ...Holy crap!
                  1980 XS650G Special-Two
                  1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Working...
                  X