New Helmet for my Birthday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Helmet for my Birthday

Looking to pick up a new helmet for my birthday... I'm really digging these. Tried one on last week @ Cycle Gear. Told SWMBO that the kids could get it for me for my birthday. I'll probably have to buy it for myself but either way it will be happy birthday to me!

Check it out and watch the video. Very cool open face helmet

see the video review here http://youtu.be/RU8I_0KaGSQ
    Don
    1979 XS1100SF "Old Man" bought by my Dad brand new in 79, customized in 80 with Vetter, Standard tank, and touring seat. I inherited in 02 when Dad passed. Been riding it since 09. No resto, bike is a survivor...

2007 RoadStar 1700 Midnight Silverado "The Black Pearl" Cobra Slash-downs, K&N filter. More mods to come

old:
    1989 kawi ex500
    1996 yzf-r6
    1999 yzf-r1
    2001 kawi zx-6r
    2000 Ducati 748
    2002 YZF-R1
    2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

I have this helmet, but in flat black. Very comfortable. The retracting shield is nice, except that mine is a little iffy about popping out. Have to hit it two or three times before it will drop down. Otherwise, I like it.
    My Special is as old as I am.

Comment

Hey ddragon63, that looks like a very cool helmut. How much in the the store? I have a HJC Sy-Max II full face that the chin bar opens and it has the shade that you slide a knob on the top of the helmut then when you push the knob, it pops up. This helmut cost me $289 in the store. I might have found it a little cheaper on the net, but with shipping, it may end up being more than in the store. And I support a local store.
      Ole Jack
      J.D."Jack" Smith
      1980G&S "Halfbreed"
      1978E straight job
      "We the people are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts, not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Life is like a coin, you can choose to spend it any way you wish, but you can only spend it once. Make your choices wisely.

Comment

Originally posted by xs11jack View Post
        Hey ddragon63, that looks like a very cool helmut. How much in the the store? I have a HJC Sy-Max II full face that the chin bar opens and it has the shade that you slide a knob on the top of the helmut then when you push the knob, it pops up. This helmut cost me $289 in the store. I might have found it a little cheaper on the net, but with shipping, it may end up being more than in the store. And I support a local store.
        Ole Jack
        @ cycle gear it $109.99 very cool helmet. its about the same on the net. The quick down sunshade is what I really like about it. the removable neck curtain and ear muffs is a big bonus too. I have a tall windshield on my bike and end up riding with the visor up on my full face street bike helmet then play on and off with my sunglasses. If I don't have the visor open my head cooks in the sun. My Dad's original helmet is a half helmet and I love the openness of it. But I'm not gonna trust a 30 year old helmet if I need to use it. so one of theses seems to be the ticket... Removable liner for washing and replacing this helmet should last a while
        Don
        1979 XS1100SF "Old Man" bought by my Dad brand new in 79, customized in 80 with Vetter, Standard tank, and touring seat. I inherited in 02 when Dad passed. Been riding it since 09. No resto, bike is a survivor...

2007 RoadStar 1700 Midnight Silverado "The Black Pearl" Cobra Slash-downs, K&N filter. More mods to come

old:
        1989 kawi ex500
        1996 yzf-r6
        1999 yzf-r1
        2001 kawi zx-6r
        2000 Ducati 748
        2002 YZF-R1
        2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

Working...
        X