Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best deal on a 7inch headlight and housing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best deal on a 7inch headlight and housing?

Dear all,

I'm looking to do a mild cafe on my 78 xs1100. I want to be able to return to stock.

Does anyone know where to get the best deal on a 7 inch housing and headlight? I've tried Ebay but have been frustrated by differences in quality and pricing. I thought I'd be able to handle this for 40$ but it's looking more like 80$

Any thoughts?

Thank you all kindly
    Andrew

(mild cafe = cutting the all lines of the front end of the wiring harness, attaching quick disconnects to each wire, removing the instrument panel, headlamp assembly with fork covers, reconnecting the wire harness, heat shrink tubing everything, attaching aluminum headlight brackets and a 7 inch headlamp as well as aluminum clip ons from a mid 80's katana) Gonna reconfigure the instrument cluster or buy mini speedo and tach.

Originally posted by andrewraffaele View Post
    - - - Does anyone know where to get the best deal on a 7 inch housing and headlight? I've tried Ebay but have been frustrated by differences in quality and pricing. I thought I'd be able to handle this for 40$ but it's looking more like 80$ - - -
    Hi Andrew,
    MikesXS has a stock XS650 7" and a generic 7". Both are priced at $87 complete. Which means you should be able to find a good used one at a local swapmeet for mebbe half of that.
    Fred Hill, S'toon
    XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
    "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Working...
    X