• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annnnnd go!

Joab

"If nothing else, it will be interesting..."
    Ozark, Alabama

That would be awesome to have for the people in front of you that slam on the brakes when the light turns yellow. The recoil would probably make a great panic brake. Plus, the lane would then be clear in front of you.
    Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
    '06 Suzuki DR650
    *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
    '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
    '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
    '81 XS1100 Special
    '81 YZ250
    '80 XS850 Special
    '80 XR100
    *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Originally posted by trbig View Post
      that would be awesome to have for the people in front of you that slam on the brakes when the light turns yellow. The recoil would probably make a great panic brake. Plus, the lane would then be clear in front of you.
      hahahahaha!!!!!!!
      Last edited by ddragon63; 03-07-2012, 10:53 PM. Reason: oops
      Don
      1979 XS1100SF "Old Man" bought by my Dad brand new in 79, customized in 80 with Vetter, Standard tank, and touring seat. I inherited in 02 when Dad passed. Been riding it since 09. No resto, bike is a survivor...

2007 RoadStar 1700 Midnight Silverado "The Black Pearl" Cobra Slash-downs, K&N filter. More mods to come

old:
      1989 kawi ex500
      1996 yzf-r6
      1999 yzf-r1
      2001 kawi zx-6r
      2000 Ducati 748
      2002 YZF-R1
      2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

Originally posted by trbig View Post
        That would be awesome to have for the people in front of you that slam on the brakes when the light turns yellow. The recoil would probably make a great panic brake. Plus, the lane would then be clear in front of you.
        Notice that's a recoiless type gun (this is noticed by the ports in the breach), which means the recoil while not zero is greatly reduced, so I doubt it would stop it, but it would certainly clear the path to the front, and given that it's recoiless, probably the path the the rear as well

But then if they had happened to have noticed you behind them with that before the light changed I doubt they would have panic stopped in front of you in the first place.
        Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
        Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
        Vetter Windjammer IV
        Vetter hard bags & Trunk
        OEM Luggage Rack
        Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
        Spade Fuse Box
        Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
        750 FD Mod
        TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
        XJ1100 Front Footpegs
        XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Originally posted by cywelchjr View Post
          Notice that's a recoiless type gun (this is noticed by the ports in the breach), which means the recoil while not zero is greatly reduced, so I doubt it would stop it, but it would certainly clear the path to the front, and given that it's recoiless, probably the path the the rear as well

But then if they had happened to have noticed you behind them with that before the light changed I doubt they would have panic stopped in front of you in the first place.
          Never doubt the destructive power of a distracted soccer mom.
          Joab

"If nothing else, it will be interesting..."
          Ozark, Alabama

Comment

Make up one round as a blank, and when some idiot in a cage is tailgating you, touch off ole Bertha! Gee, I wonder what his reaction might be: A) lock up brakes, slide sideways and roll over, B) suddely vear off the road, into the ditch and center puch a light pole, or C) he is a Seal Team 6 and accelerates along side of you and slams his Hummer into you, which causes you to slide sideways, roll into the ditch and centerpunch a light pole!
            Ole Jack
            J.D."Jack" Smith
            1980G&S "Halfbreed"
            1978E straight job
            "We the people are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts, not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Life is like a coin, you can choose to spend it any way you wish, but you can only spend it once. Make your choices wisely.

Comment

Well if its working and you do not have the proper papers we know where you will be spending the next 5 to 10 years. If you have the papers make sure and wear good ear protection as its hard to even sleep when the ringing is for ever.
              To fix the problem one should not make more assumptions than the minimum needed.

Rodan
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khm6...liHntN91DHjHiS
              1980 G Silverbird
              Original Yamaha Fairfing and Bags
              1198 Overbore kit
              Grizzly 660 ACCT
              Barnett Clutch Springs
              R1 Clutch Fiber Plates
              122.5 Main Jets
              ACCT Mod
              Mac 4-2 Flare Tips
              Antivibe Bar ends