79 XS1100SF sold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 79 XS1100SF sold

Thanks to all who helped with parts and technical info, but I'm no longer an owner of a XS anymore, sold my Special today, after getting it running decent, decided to go in another direction, I had purchased 2 other bikes GS1100's and sold one of those as well, and keeping the remaining Suzuki 1100 for myself. I think if I get another Yamaha, I may go back to a big 1500 v-twin, for now, the Suzuki will be the project restoration summer rider. The Yamaha needed a lot of tender care, as the PO really neglected the shinny bits to the point of all the chrome being pitted pretty severe, even some decent amount of frame rust, she ran like a scalded dog once I finished the carbs, synced and dialed them in, but too many other maintenance upgrades and replacement parts made it too costly to keep both. The Suzuki seems so much easier to work on and parts seem more plentiful and even less costly to replace as needed. i may one day go after a XJ1100, which what I wanted before I got the XS, but time will tell. I may stop in from time to say hello, seems like in the past month there has been so many new members it won't be long I won't even rcognize this site anymore.
    If anybody needs to look me up, I'll be on the GSResource forum under the same user name. Thanks again to all!! Maybe I'll join some of you on the Ohio rally this year unless Zuk's aren't aloud...
    81 XS1100H

Safe Rides

Thanks for all your help and support in my short tenor
    82 XJ1100J
    81 Venturer
    Newly acquired Aches N Pains collection

Comment

Hey this doesn't mean you have to leave. Your still Xtremely Xsive right. I actually joined before I got my SF but I owned one 32 yrs ago
      Last edited by tweeleft; 03-06-2012, 05:44 PM.
      Keep the shiny side up
      1979 XS1100SF
      Mac 4-1
      Drilled airbox Uni filter
      Vmax bars
      Virago 1" shorter shocks
      30K miles
      http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/...429_135845.jpg
      1981XS1100SH
      '80 G Forks and Triple Tree
      '80 G tank
      Mac Turnouts
      Virago 1" shorter rear shocks
      SH Headlight
      http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/...psd6adaae1.jpg
      61 Wife
      83 Son
      86 Son
      89 Daughter

Comment

I check in from time to time, to look at the progress of builds, but I went a different direction and am restoring a GS1100 for my personal use, but I'm sure I'll end up with another Yam, even if its just to fix up and sell, so I'll be around, just not as much. And thanks!
        81 XS1100H

Comment

Working...
        X