side projects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• side projects

Not sure if anyone is interested, but here are some pics of one my side projects. Machining aluminum flatheads for my friend's traditional hot rod.

Very nice! Whats it going in?

I have a '34 Chevy p/u that I need to work on here someday.
    Nathan
    KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
    K&N Filter
    #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
    OEM Exhaust
    ATK Fork Brace
    LED Dash lights
    Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
    SS Brake Lines
    Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Ford flat head V8. I remember my brother working on those when I was a kid...

Geezer
      Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Machinest by trade/work or hobby?.......Does Vic Edlebrock and company still cast those heads?
        81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
          Machinest by trade/work or hobby?.......Does Vic Edlebrock and company still cast those heads?
          Yes they do.

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_...ord_flat.shtml

And I was asking what the engine is going in.
          Nathan
          KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
          K&N Filter
          OEM Exhaust
          ATK Fork Brace
          LED Dash lights

Green Monster Coils
          SS Brake Lines

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Are you really sure you want to show us your fine work? The next thing someone will ask is if you can make a MC reservoir for the XS11 with a sight glass instead of the moldy, old can't see levels, ones we have. Hmm, come to think of it could you do something like that?
            2-79 XS1100 SF
            2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
            80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
            Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputin View Post
              Are you really sure you want to show us your fine work? The next thing someone will ask is if you can make a MC reservoir for the XS11 with a sight glass instead of the moldy, old can't see levels, ones we have. Hmm, come to think of it could you do something like that?
              I'd be happy with one that was just a duplicate of the OEM reservoir in like new condition. I heard a rumor of some getting made at some point in the past, but them being long gone. Ones that were metal with a window would just be that much more awesome. I'm reaching the point with how bad mine looks that I'm starting to consider getting an aftermarket one, but it's a LITTLE hard to justify as there is nothing FUNCTIONALLY wrong with mine, just cosmetics. If I'm going to change that I may as well consider changing not only the MC but the calipers to something that will increase the braking power at the same time.
              Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
              Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
              Vetter Windjammer IV
              Vetter hard bags & Trunk
              OEM Luggage Rack
              Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
              Spade Fuse Box
              Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
              750 FD Mod
              TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
              XJ1100 Front Footpegs
              XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Originally posted by cywelchjr View Post
                If I'm going to change that I may as well consider changing not only the MC but the calipers to something that will increase the braking power at the same time.
                Blue Spot Brembo's !!!... as fitted to R1's, R6's, XJR's etc. Brackets a reasonably easy build and the stopping power is AWESOME.
                1980 SG. (Sold - waiting on replacement)
                2000 XJR1300. The Real modern XS11. Others are just pretenders.

Woman (well, my wife anyway) are always on Transmit and never Receive.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be" Albert Einstien.

Comment

Oh, and good work JohnRay. I appreciate people who appreciate V8's, especially side valvers.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be" Albert Einstien.

Comment

Sorry about the late reply but life got in the way heres the car eith motor in it.

The frame is custom built as well. Oh and I'm a student of machining. I hope to be professional one day. Although right now i get paid in beer on the weekends when I'm not on the equipment. So I guess I am a professional by all eights.

Comment

Nice looking '30ish ford!
                      Nathan
                      KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
                      K&N Filter
                      OEM Exhaust
                      ATK Fork Brace
                      LED Dash lights

Green Monster Coils
                      SS Brake Lines

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

One Kerosine tin,
                        Two bits of Board,
                        Four old Pram Wheels
                        and Off Rolls the Ford...

Comment

Working...
                        X