Sissybar for a XS1100S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sissybar for a XS1100S

Will a sissybar off a 750 or 850 work or are the frames differnt ??
    79 SF

Originally posted by Buckmaster79 View Post
    Will a sissybar off a 750 or 850 work or are the frames differnt ??
    Hi Buck,
    if you mean the factory grab rail, no it won't. And yes, the frames are different.
    If you mean the tall aftermarket chrome thing, it may or may not, depending on how generic the fitments are.
    Mind you, there are possibilities open to you if you have a sawzall and a welding machine.
    Fred Hill, S'toon
    XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
    "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

A sissy bar from a 78 or 79 standard xs11 will fit a 79 special. 80 and 81 specials are not the same. I have an xtra 80 sg sissy bar if that is what you need.....but seeing your name is buckmaster79 I'd guess you have a 79.
      79 XS11 Special (Lazarus)
      80 XS850 Special (Old Faithful)
      80 XS11 Standard sorta stock (Beatrice)
      79 DT 100

Comment

Originally posted by xs11lover View Post
        .....but seeing your name is buckmaster79 I'd guess you have a 79.
        .......in which case would be a 79SF.........no S as stated.
        81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

sissybar

We thank you for the input we got another 79SF in Iowa two weeks ago. Cant wait to get pictures of both from Email to forum still lerning.

thanks again
          79 SF

Comment

hey Buck here is a sissy bar from a 79 xs11 special. They are a little tall but the price is right.
            http://www.ebay.com/itm/79-80-81-YAM...item3cc32c35ee
            79 DT 100

Comment

A sissy bar from a 78 or 79 standard xs11 will fit a 79 special. 80 and 81 specials are not the same. I have an xtra 80 sg sissy bar if that is what you need.....but seeing your name is buckmaster79 I'd guess you have a 79.
              Hey there XS11lover, I have an 80SG, and I'm working on a luggage rack/sissy bar. I got one off ebay, for way too much money, and now I'm having it chromed, which isn't cheap either. Can I see a picture of yours?

Jon
              Hill? What hill? I didn't see any hill! Why wasn't there a sign? And where are my keys?

80sg
              mods to come

Comment

80sg sissy bar

I don't have a pic handy but it is just like this one,,without the pad. I made that pad for my wife.
                79 DT 100

Comment

Mind you, there are possibilities open to you if you have a sawzall and a welding machine.[/QUOTE]

i second that. and that way you know it will fit, and look how you want.
                  xs1100 hartail bobber

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/...-38-36_563.jpg

Comment

I don't have a pic handy but it is just like this one,,without the pad. I made that pad for my wife.
                    That's an SG lover. I've got one like the one you showed on ebay but had to put a 79 fender and tail light on to make it work.

On the 80 the tail light is mounted to the grab bar.
                    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

The tail light is mounted to the grab bar. I think the one I pointed out on ebay was for a 79 if I remember correctly. I thought BUCKMASTER79 had a 79..
                      79 DT 100

Comment

Working...
                      X