Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beg, borrow, buy, steal, rent.. Standard bars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geez, guys, he's asking for help in providing a product for our old bikes. Either help him or don't; telling him he's wasting his time or that it's been done before isn't especially helpful. If it's a waste of time and money, it's his time and money. He's a grown-up...help out or let him be.

Just sayin'...
    "Time is the greatest teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students."

Comment

Originally posted by DeanR View Post
      Nope, the twisty red thing isn't quite here yet. Interesting look. Thanks guys.

Buy some of those brake lines folks!
      It is now a big BLACK twisty thing. Used Scoots original packing and added some more and wrapped it in black Gorilla tape. They made the trip up here just fine so hopefully the same will happen on their way to you.
      2-79 XS1100 SF
      2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
      80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
      Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

Here are some sample pics of what I have been working on with this supplier.

I know you all will have questions like:
        Does the HCP18710CLRST come with the rubber grommets?
        Does the HCP18690CLRST come with the rubber sleeve on it?
        Do the rubber grommets come with HCP 18708CLRST and HCP18704CLRST lines?
        Is the number HCP18694RU correct for the standard models?
        And finally does the HCP18710RU come with rubber grommets?

I have emailed the supplier to clarify this for me. The lines shown are for the Standard models and have a unique left and right front caliper line as the S/S lines are less forgiving than the stock rubber lines.
        I presently have all the lines for Standards, Specials, and the LH Midnight Specials here. I have all of the lines for every model of our XS's in both the original rubber and S/S versions. As they are the final test fit lines I am not 100% sure that what I have is what is to be included in the production run lines, thus my questions to the supplier.
        Everything from banjoe bolts, crush washers, 135 degree boots and all lines for these bikes including a single replacement line for the rear (presently 3 piece) calpier are available for stock bike replacement.
        Hope you will find in the future, that if you need a line they will have it.
        Pricing is unavailable at this time as I am waiting on that information as well.
        2-79 XS1100 SF

Comment

Excellent work Ras! I am certainly interested in these.
          Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
          80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
          93 GSX600F
          80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
          81 XS1100 Special
          81 CB750 C
          80 CB750 C
          78 XS750

Comment

Apparently the rubber grommets on the rear 3 piece lines are not yet available, they are still looking for a supplier for those. That means that the original grommets from the rear line will have to be kept and re-installed. This is also true if one wants the one piece replacemnet line for the rear. If they find a supplier for these they will make them available.
            The M/C line to the elbow will have the rubber sleeve on it as the originals do. The one in the picture I posted earlier does not have that shown. The production lines will have that.
            I will soon post a pic of the Special lines. The 81LH lines are still on the bike so it will take a while longer to get a picture of those, but I hope to get that done today.
            2-79 XS1100 SF

Comment

Here are some pics of the Lines for the 79 Special.

They will be available in Black, Clear, Bright Red and Bright Blue.
              I have a sheet here with all pricing that I will post if I get permission from the Mod's to do so. Thanks for your interest.
              2-79 XS1100 SF

Comment

I'm interested, you can PM me with a price for a full set of SS(79 standard)
                Nick

1979 XS11 F,Yamaha fairings w/hard bags, TC's fuse box, K&N air filter

1982 Virago 750 (it's alive!)

1979 XS 11 F, Windjammer IV, Samsonite luggage cases(another rescue)

Comment

Please take note here! I am not selling these lines. I simply did the clocking and test fit for these lines. The lines I am showing pictures of are my own lines.
                  The guy who has access to the lines for sale will be posted along with pricing in the near future. I have nothing to do with the sales, shipping or proceeds from the sales. All I did was make my original lines available for patterns and I made sure the new S/S lines will fit.
                  I will start a new thread when I have all of the info needed to properly post it.
                  2-79 XS1100 SF

Comment

Here are some pics of the 81LH lines that will be available through the supplier. The long hard line shown in the picture is missing two rubber sleeves that will be on the final production lines.

2-79 XS1100 SF

Comment

I have tried to post the price list a few times but it is simply too large to post unless I do it in 5 different posts. This guy has everything from brake lines to Caliper pistons and rebuild kits for the M/C's. He even has EBC rotors and all those goodies. The post is too huge for me to make.
                      He is supposed to be making a Link for me to apply here. My wife is going to try to make it a PDF file so I can post it. I will be damned if I know how.
                      2-79 XS1100 SF

Comment

I know how to make a PDF, but I have yet to figure out how to post one here.
                        Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                        80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                        93 GSX600F
                        80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                        81 XS1100 Special
                        81 CB750 C
                        80 CB750 C
                        78 XS750

Comment

Print info and scan it as an image and post the pics.
                          Nathan
                          KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
                          K&N Filter
                          #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
                          OEM Exhaust
                          ATK Fork Brace
                          LED Dash lights
                          Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
                          SS Brake Lines
                          Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by natemoen View Post
                            Print info and scan it as an image and post the pics.
                            Not a bad suggestion Nate but I think he will have a link up and running soon...hopefully. Seems like less work for me if he does his thing and gets it where any member can simply point and shoot. I was not aware of all the parts he carries that are also useable on the XS's.
                            2-79 XS1100 SF

Comment

short lines

Thanks for the work you have put in for the rest of us. Have you done any work on a short front master cyl. to fork tree ss lines, to be used with clubmans or flat bars, my winter project will be wearing one of these type of bars and I need a source. thanks again.
                              Fastmover
                              "Just plant us in the damn garden with the stupid
                              lion". SHL
                              78 XS1100e

Comment

Originally posted by wa407mpp View Post
                                Thanks for the work you have put in for the rest of us. Have you done any work on a short front master cyl. to fork tree ss lines, to be used with clubmans or flat bars, my winter project will be wearing one of these type of bars and I need a source. thanks again.
                                No. I do not intend to even try to sort out the thousands of possiblities for non stock bars (I need shorter, longer, reversed, upside down and bas-ackwards and the ever popular, these are off a harley with 2 inch setback type bars). I have emailed the supplier about custom lines for those as yourself who need them and have yet to hear back. I will let you know what I find.
                                2-79 XS1100 SF

Comment

Working...
                                X