Dream machines!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dream machines!!!

Once again, it's time to think about Half Moon Bay and Dream Machines! This year, for the FIRST TIME, it's a two day event! Saturday, April 28 and Sunday, April 29. http://www.miramarevents.com/dreamma...-and-time.html this is the link for the information.
    IF you like ANYTHING with an engine, from a Buffalo Springfield Steam powered roller to a Jet aircraft, you NEED to make this show.
    Special Ed's bike is down at the moment, but I WILL help to get it running in time for the show! anyone else who would like to join us is more than welcome. I hope to be able to get the banner again this year.
    Start planning for a FUN weekend, if you like machines.....
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

boy that sounds like a good time... May have to try and plan that for next year. this year is not happening for me.
    Don
    1979 XS1100SF "Old Man" bought by my Dad brand new in 79, customized in 80 with Vetter, Standard tank, and touring seat. I inherited in 02 when Dad passed. Been riding it since 09. No resto, bike is a survivor...

2007 RoadStar 1700 Midnight Silverado "The Black Pearl" Cobra Slash-downs, K&N filter. More mods to come

old:
    1989 kawi ex500
    1996 yzf-r6
    1999 yzf-r1
    2001 kawi zx-6r
    2000 Ducati 748
    2002 YZF-R1
    2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

Might make that one!

Hoping to be in AZ around then. Not that far.
      Tom Clisham

Age is relative YOU WON"T GET OLD TIL YOU SELL THE BIKE

'78xs1100E ,all stock & original GONE TO WISCONSIN

'80 SG Vetter fairing,hard bags,trunk,fork brace,
      stock headers with fishtail mufflers,black & beautiful GONE TO ARIZONA

79SF lowered,jardine 4/2 exhaust,pod filters,drilled rotors,fork brace, bar hopper

79SF 1 owner,8000 miles, restoring to completely original ( I hope) GONE TO FRANCE

Comment

Hoping to actually make it this year. I plan on getting my paint job finally redone properly soon, then some touchup work and brutus should be ready to go.

Then it's just about getting ME in shape for it.
        Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
        Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
        Vetter Windjammer IV
        Vetter hard bags & Trunk
        OEM Luggage Rack
        Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
        Spade Fuse Box
        Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
        750 FD Mod
        TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
        XJ1100 Front Footpegs
        XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Hey Cy, round IS a shape! As long as you can ride the three hours (with traffic!) West, you should be good. I need to try and talk the other half into letting one or two riders spend a night or two here, if need be. the hotels in Half Moon Bay will be charging a premium, and fill up fast for this show.
          It's about an hour ride from Santa Cruz, and close to the same from any place with a "reasonable" price hotel. We do try and leave early in the morning to beat most of the traffic, but the ride out is one we wait at the site, and let a lot of the people go! I do NOT know if they will allow camping, but it would be nice if they did. You can walk to decent food and drink at night, so that may be a Saturday night option so we don't have to ride back and forth.
          Ray Matteis
          KE6NHG

Comment

I just got the flyer in the mail, too

I should be able to make it again, Ray, and this year I'll be riding the Special instead of Columbo. I'll give 'Roo a call and see if he wants to go.

Hmm, two days... I need some saddlebags....
            -- Scott
            _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
            1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
            1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
            1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
            1979 XS1100F: parts
            2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

I put this on my schedule. Well, I don't really have a schedule, but I did tell my wife that I'm going. She didn't say "no" so I take that as an "okay".

I'll run up from San Diego that Friday. Sounds like fun. Looking forward to meeting new faces.

scoot

Comment

No go

I can't do Half Moon Bay this year.

I broke a crown and the dentist will be drilling my wallet and fitting a new crown on the same weekend as the Dream Machines event.
                -- Scott
                _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
                1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
                1979 XS1100F: parts
                2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Sorry to read about that Scott. I DO know how much the dentist can charge, even the good ones need to make payments on rent and help!
                  I was looking forward to help if needed for last minute work on Ed's bike. His engine is on a stand in my garage, and will be in parts by next weekend. After that, it's install the "new" head and barrels from the hopped up bike, and put it all back together. I DO need to weld the rear upper case, as the motor mount was cracked in the last tangle with the idiot in the Prius!
                  Ray Matteis
                  KE6NHG

Comment

Need to bump this back up! End of this month for Dream Machines in Northern California!
                    My MNS is slowly going back together, as I have put Galfer lines, and rebuilt the front calipers. Ed's engine is still on the stand, as he is working on the head and jugs for it. His bike WILL be a "race" to get running, but we WILL do it somehow.
                    Ray Matteis
                    KE6NHG

Comment

Hi, I'm heading north from San Diego tomorrow, Friday morning. I hope to meet fellow xs'ers Saturday at the Dream Machines event. Is there a rendezvous point for us at the airport? Sounds like it's gonna be crowded, would hate to miss any one there.

scoot

Comment

Well, that was a fun ride! Just got back three hours ago, it's Monday night. Got to the Dream Machines on Sunday, as I toured downtown San Francisco with my 13 yr old daughter, who had begged all week to ride along.

So at dream machines, paid the admission, and parked in the motorcycle parking lot between two rows of airplane hangers. We were the only xs11, mostly all harleys. Figured any other xsives would be showing up later.

Walked around a bit checking out the sights, lots to see, then, hey there's a midnight special across the way on display. Headed over and it was Diver Ray, showing off his xs and some other bike he has. He's a great guy, real friendly, knows lots of stuff 'bout these bikes. It's a pleasure to have met you, Ray.

Then here comes Special Ed, who was out walking about checking out the sights himself. Also a great guy, made me feel welcome to sit and chat. A fun afternoon. Nice to meet you, too, Ed. See you again sometime!

scoot

Comment

scoot, It was my pleasure to meet you and your daughter! I hope the ride down the coast went well, as I forgot the Big Sur Marathon was Sunday! We will try and get down south later this year, or put together another West Coast Rally.
                          Ed's bike will now take a few more weeks, as I have a ride this weekend on the BMW with SWMBO to SLO town. I also NEED to work on MY projects, as I seem to run out of time helping everyone else. I must get a golf club rack built for the BMW, so I can spend some quality time with my buddies on the links, drinking beer and chasing gofer eggs....
                          I will post pictures later, as I have a few of scoot AND his daughter, as well as some great machines from the weekend.
                          Ray Matteis
                          KE6NHG

Comment

Working...
                          X