swap meets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swap meets

Has anyone ever been to the swap meet in Stafford Springs Ct at Stafford Motor Speedway or the swap meet in Keene NH?

Does anyone know about any other ones in the NewEngland/New York area? I have been looking around but not everything is posted yet as far as I can tell.
    Rich (Ringo)
    '79 XS11 Special
    '02 VTX1800C (I know not a Yama but still mine)

Walnecks

Go on the Walneck site(just google the name) They usually have advance info on those events.

You have to find the magazine site, not the Walneck swap site. Buzz Walneck started both, & sold the mag a long time ago. He still runs his own swaps, but only in the midwest.

Attendance at swaps has dropped dramatically since the growth of ebay.
    Tom Clisham

Age is relative YOU WON"T GET OLD TIL YOU SELL THE BIKE

'78xs1100E ,all stock & original GONE TO WISCONSIN

'80 SG Vetter fairing,hard bags,trunk,fork brace,
    stock headers with fishtail mufflers,black & beautiful GONE TO ARIZONA

79SF lowered,jardine 4/2 exhaust,pod filters,drilled rotors,fork brace, bar hopper

79SF 1 owner,8000 miles, restoring to completely original ( I hope) GONE TO FRANCE

Comment

Hi RJ,
      Swapmeets that say (for instance) BMW or Britbike will most likely have a reasonable choice of parts from all manner of bikes.
      For instance, I bought a rack of XS11 carbs for $30 at the CVMG Red Deer swapmeet.
      Non marque specific swap meets can be good or they can be nothing but Hell's Angels prospects buying and selling the same old used Harley parts they had on offer last year.
      What you are almost guaranteed to find is a guy with a table full of used handlebars. Generally $20 for bars with nice chrome. If you are not sure what bend you'd like, that's the best place to try them on.
      But absent advice from someone who has already been to that particular swapmeet, you won't know what they got until you get inside.
      Fred Hill, S'toon
      XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
      "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Working...
      X