My 81 Special Project Bike Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 81 Special Project Bike Pictures

Hello everyone.I am a newbie on the board, however I am familar with the format, as I am also a member of the "Scream and fly" board for high performance outboard powered boat's.I found this 81 xs1100 special in a garage, with a Velorex side car attached.My buddy wanted the sidecar, so I inhearted the bike for free.The nice man had all the paperwork for it, including the owners manual, and all the original paperwork for the sidecar.I even got the sale's brochure, and test report's.Everything but the title.(I have that comming).I have included a couple of pictures to show my restoration project so far.I have the new brakes installed, with stainless lines.The fusebox is undergoing a rework, and the carb's are apart, and clean, waiting for the kit's.The rear drive has been gone through, and the electric's have all been taken apart and cleaned/rewrapped.I have the new carb holders on the shelf, when the carb's are done.Every night I shake the gas tank 20 shakes or so (with lava/pumace rock's inside) to clean the deposit's out.The "octapus"is rebuilt, as are the petcock's.I hope to have it road worthy this spring.I have been in the background on this board for a couple of month's,now, and have learned so much so far that I feel I know you all as friend's.Thank you for all the help so far, and I hope I can help some of you in the future.My specialties are in the audio/video electronic's repair area, and recently pool and spa repair.

POOLBOY ************************************************** ************************************************** ****

************************************************** ************************************************** ****

"SPLASH"
    "BIG JOHNSON"
    1981 XS1100SH
    FINISHED,READY TO RIDE

welcome

Welcome to the group, your bike looks to be in excellent shape. Whoever had it must of looked after it. Keep us posted and if you need any help the people here are great!................MITCH
    Doug Mitchell
    82 XJ1100 sold
    2006 Suzuki C90 SE 1500 CC Cruiser sold
    2007 Stratoliner 1900 sold
    1999 Honda Valkyrie interstate
    47 years riding and still learning, does that make me a slow learner?

Comment

Compliment

As some of my Harley riding aquaintences told me when I finished restoring my 80 SG... NICE RICE! I have since upgraded with some wheels, and rear air shocks from an XJ11.
      Welcome aboard

Comment

Welcome! Nice XS
        Gary Granger
        Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
        2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

Welcome to the forum POOLBOY!
          Wow you are as lucky as me, I was also given a very nice 81 Eleven Special.
          Here are a few things that may help you.
          1. Get a TKAT FORK BRACE
          2. Install Prgressive Fork springs.
          3. Clean the "Spooge holes" in the front and rear master cyclinders. These clog on the cleanest of machines.
          4. and the general Disassenble, clean, clean, clean & clean the carbs again. Don't forget to synch them.
          5. Ride Safe for many miles!

Welcome aboard
          Bill Woods
          1981 Yamaha XS1100SH (Eleven Special)
          1985 Kawasuki GS425 Mojave ATV
          2006 Yamaha Wolverine 450 4x4 ATV

Comment

Working...
          X