X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A different oil thread

Check this out:-
    http://www.cbn.com/media/player/inde...p4/LJO190v1_WS
    It claims that adding non-hydrogenated coconut oil to a person's diet will stop or even reverse the symptoms of Alzheimer's disease.
    Mind you, I can still draw a reasonable clock face without using the stuff.
    Fred Hill, S'toon
    XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
    "The Flying Pumpkin"

Fred, I hope I can remember to try that.

Comment

It claims that adding non-hydrogenated coconut oil to a person's diet will stop or even reverse the symptoms of Alzheimer's disease.
      May give that ago next service..........if I remember..........
      81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

But,

How will it affect the "final drive"?
        Tom Clisham

Age is relative YOU WON"T GET OLD TIL YOU SELL THE BIKE

'78xs1100E ,all stock & original GONE TO WISCONSIN

'80 SG Vetter fairing,hard bags,trunk,fork brace,
        stock headers with fishtail mufflers,black & beautiful GONE TO ARIZONA

79SF lowered,jardine 4/2 exhaust,pod filters,drilled rotors,fork brace, bar hopper

79SF 1 owner,8000 miles, restoring to completely original ( I hope) GONE TO FRANCE

Comment

FWIW.......can be used in place of blood plasma.........may keep the "final drive" in operation.....
          81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
            FWIW.......can be used in place of blood plasma.........may keep the "final drive" in operation.....
            I thought that was the coconut "milk" which is very much like plasma, not the oil which is pressed from the coconut meat.
            Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
            Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
            Vetter Windjammer IV
            Vetter hard bags & Trunk
            OEM Luggage Rack
            Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
            Spade Fuse Box
            Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
            750 FD Mod
            TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
            XJ1100 Front Footpegs
            XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

I dunno about plasma but coconut milk is the one that'll loosen your final drive and keep you parked in the service area.
              My Special is as old as I am.

Comment

What was this thread about again?
                Last edited by LoHo; 01-25-2012, 02:44 PM. Reason: left out a word
                "Time is the greatest teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students."

Comment

Originally posted by LoHo View Post
                  What was this thread about again?
                  Stop Larry!............step back away from the coconut oil!..........

Comment

Originally posted by fredintoon View Post
                    Check this out:-
                    http://www.cbn.com/media/player/inde...p4/LJO190v1_WS
                    Mind you, I can still draw a reasonable clock face without using the stuff.
                    thank you Fred! i look after an elderly mom and see daily what this terrible disease is doing to her! i will try this and see ,,thanks again ,,slow mo!
                    The Belfast Express {1980 xs11oo special/TC fuse box/mikes xs pods/bad boy horn!/mikes green coils/mac 4 into 2 exhaust/ standard bars/vetter fairing c/w ipod CD iphone am/fm radio/tkat fork brace ,,,tuned by tinman
                    moemcnally@hotmail.com
                    i AM THE KING OF NOTHING

the people here are great , doesn't matter about the bike really/hamjam ////

Comment

Hey Slow mo. I have to agree that it is something, that any of us who are dealing with someone who has this disease thinks, that any hope is something. I know a lot of these type claims are bunk, but once a person knows about it they can do some research to see if it may help our loved ones. Make sure you research it and talk to the doctor about it before doing too much about it.
                      I just have to add that while the joking around is meant only in fun (and I had me a good Guffaw about final drive) that some of us deal with this every day and we hold hope in our hearts every day for something to even minimize the damage never mind cure it. Thanks for posting this Fred I will be checking into it myself.
                      2-79 XS1100 SF
                      2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
                      80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
                      Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

As an update, my neighbor is being tested for Alzheimers and I told his wife about the coconut oil treatment. She says she's been feeding him the stuff for months without noticing any improvement. But I wonder how much worse he would have gotten without it?
                        Fred Hill, S'toon
                        XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                        "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Working...
                        X