Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bored, so I'm painting on the ceiling...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bored, so I'm painting on the ceiling...

Mrs T99ford has decided we need to do some interior decorating. Knowing my airbrushing bent, she suggested this idea to use my skills for her in the house. Not really sure how i feel about it, but here we are so far...

Still got a couple of angels to paint into it, but I'm getting close. Anyway, certainly out of the ordinary, and you know how i like things out of the ordinary...
    Healthy is merely the slowest rate at which you can die

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba….Hunter S. Thompson

Very interesting, you have skill!

Think, the sistine chapel could have been painted way faster if only Michelangelo had an airbrush...
    Nathan
    KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
    K&N Filter
    #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
    OEM Exhaust
    ATK Fork Brace
    LED Dash lights
    Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
    SS Brake Lines
    Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Very cool!

Looking forward to seeing the finished product... and maybe a closer shot of the cherub?
      81 SH Something Special
      81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
      81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
      80 LG Black Magic
      78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
      For those on FB

Comment

Wow! Nice! If I tried something like that, it would end up looking like Snuffleupagus sitting in spaghetti.
        1980 XS850SG - Sold
        1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
        Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
        Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
        -H. Ford

Comment

Very Angelic!

(cool & sharp were already used)

When will this cieling mural business start traveling. My wife would love that!
          Tom Clisham

Age is relative YOU WON"T GET OLD TIL YOU SELL THE BIKE

'78xs1100E ,all stock & original GONE TO WISCONSIN

'80 SG Vetter fairing,hard bags,trunk,fork brace,
          stock headers with fishtail mufflers,black & beautiful GONE TO ARIZONA

79SF lowered,jardine 4/2 exhaust,pod filters,drilled rotors,fork brace, bar hopper

79SF 1 owner,8000 miles, restoring to completely original ( I hope) GONE TO FRANCE

Comment

I think this was from Monty Python:-
            How much to paint a ceiling?
            And it took him four sodding years?
            Never hire that Michaelangelo fellow again!
            Fred Hill, S'toon
            XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
            "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Man it took me a bit to see that as a ceiling, looked kinda like plexiglass on a table. Maybe I need to back off the recreational......nah, bad idea.
              Trapped in time. Surrounded by evil. Low on gas.

1980 XS1100G 1179 kit, Tkat brace, progressive springs & shocks, jardine spaghetti, Mikes coils, Geezer's rectifier

Comment

Originally posted by Elevener View Post
                Man it took me a bit to see that as a ceiling, looked kinda like plexiglass on a table. Maybe I need to back off the recreational......nah, bad idea.
                i am with Elevener. it took me a bit to see that it was th ceiling. just a trick of close up photography. as far as the rec well i am sticking to my rum lol
                but yes very nice work!
                if it has screws in it i am gonna screw with it!

82 XJ1100 "the red baron"
                82 XJ550 "max"
                82 S10 not quite right pickemup "lucy"
                73 honda 750

Comment

Well Rome wasn't built in a day and all that, but I dare say you have made alot better headway on that ceiling than a 16th century Italian.

I had an art teacher once told me I had alot of artistic talent in me, cause I had yet to let any of it out.
                  Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                  80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                  93 GSX600F
                  80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                  81 XS1100 Special
                  81 CB750 C
                  80 CB750 C
                  78 XS750

Comment

Thanks for the kind words! One of the art masters i am not--this is kind of crude compared to them. Imagine if those guys had had an airbrush, though!

Interestingly enough, I was 'recreating' while painting this. Maybe that releases the 'artist' in me?? Christian Brothers VS brandy, yum! Calms the hand tremors, too!

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba….Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by DGXSER View Post
                      Well Rome wasn't built in a day and all that, but I dare say you have made alot better headway on that ceiling than a 16th century Italian.

I had an art teacher once told me I had alot of artistic talent in me, cause I had yet to let any of it out.

Thanks for that. My art teacher was not so kind
                      Phil
                      1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                      1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                      2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

"I was 'recreating' while painting this"
                        I knew it!
                        Nice work. I'd like you to lay some of that talent onto a tank for me some day.
                        79 XS11 Special (Lazarus)
                        80 XS850 Special (Old Faithful)
                        80 XS11 Standard sorta stock (Beatrice)
                        79 DT 100

Comment

Ha, It seems brandy helps bring out the creative spirit

Just let me know when you want to paint, G. It'd be an honor to paint one of your clean machines!

Comment

Hmm, seems to be missing something. You ever see the cartoon where Doonesbury is offering suggestions to Michelangelo up on the scaffold painting nymphs on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel?
                            Ken Talbot

Comment

Lol! I told my wife that if I was going to do this silly project, all the creatures would be asexual. The nymphs donthave me scared, but my airbrush don't do boy "parts"!

Comment

Working...
                              X