Fairing mount on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fairing mount on ebay

So I'm browsin ebay 7 I see a fairing mount for an xs1100 listed. Auction says it's a vetter mount, picture shows a Pacifico mount.
    So, I figure I'll let the guy know so some unknowing , or unfamiliar , buyer doesen't get stuck with 1 he can't use.
    I tell the seller it's a Pacifico not a Vetter.

He goes literary postal. Insists it's a Vetter & he knows all about these things.
    I more or less(mostly less) wished him luck .

If you're looking on Ebay for a Vetter mount for an XS1100,beware. it may have been altered to hold a Vetter, but it's a Pacifico.
    Tom Clisham

Age is relative YOU WON"T GET OLD TIL YOU SELL THE BIKE

'78xs1100E ,all stock & original GONE TO WISCONSIN

'80 SG Vetter fairing,hard bags,trunk,fork brace,
    stock headers with fishtail mufflers,black & beautiful GONE TO ARIZONA

79SF lowered,jardine 4/2 exhaust,pod filters,drilled rotors,fork brace, bar hopper

79SF 1 owner,8000 miles, restoring to completely original ( I hope) GONE TO FRANCE

Got a link? I like harassing these guys!
    Nathan
    KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
    K&N Filter
    #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
    OEM Exhaust
    ATK Fork Brace
    LED Dash lights
    Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
    SS Brake Lines
    Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

And is it for a Special, or a Standard. I thought there was a difference of some kind.
      1980 XS1100LG Midnight
      1991 Honda CBR1000F Hurricane

"The hand is almost valueless at one end of the arm if there be not a brain at the other"

Here's to a long life and a happy one.
      A quick death and an easy one.
      A pretty girl and an honest one.
      A cold beer and another one!

Comment

It's not my item but I do have a vetter 3 mounted on an f with the same bracket.
        "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
        1981 LH

Comment

dspotter: I know you can mount just about any fairing on any mount on any bike. You can even buy steel at home depot & make one. Question is,When you buy 1 that's supposed to be the right one on ebay, you expect it to be a bolt-on.

Nat:e: item # 120845724197 on ebay. let me know if i'm wrong. Hope not. i really p-ssed em off.
          Tom Clisham

Age is relative YOU WON"T GET OLD TIL YOU SELL THE BIKE

'78xs1100E ,all stock & original GONE TO WISCONSIN

'80 SG Vetter fairing,hard bags,trunk,fork brace,
          stock headers with fishtail mufflers,black & beautiful GONE TO ARIZONA

79SF lowered,jardine 4/2 exhaust,pod filters,drilled rotors,fork brace, bar hopper

79SF 1 owner,8000 miles, restoring to completely original ( I hope) GONE TO FRANCE

Comment

I've seen the fairing mount in question and while it says in the listing it's a vetter mount, its NOT a vetter mount as all the vetter mounts for the XS11 are one piece. It may well be vetter fairing compatible, but it's not a vetter mount.
            Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
            Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
            Vetter Windjammer IV
            Vetter hard bags & Trunk
            OEM Luggage Rack
            Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
            Spade Fuse Box
            Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
            750 FD Mod
            TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
            XJ1100 Front Footpegs
            XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

It won't let me send him a message.
              Nathan
              KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
              K&N Filter
              OEM Exhaust
              ATK Fork Brace
              LED Dash lights

Green Monster Coils
              SS Brake Lines

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Copied from that listing.....

LATELY, I HAVE BEEN HAVING PROBLEMS WITH FEEDBACK ON SHIPPING TIME AND SHIPPING CHARGES. I HATE SPENDING ADD SPACE ON DISCLAIMERS, BUT IT HAS BECOME SERIOUS. I ALMOST ALWAYS SHIP THE DAY AFTER A ITEM IS PAID FOR AND NEVER MORE THAN 3 AS MY AUCTIONS STATES. IF YOU CHOOSE PARCEL IT TAKES 2 TO 9 DAYS ON AVERAGE BUT NO GUARANTEES ASK THE POST OFFICE!!! I TRY TO SHIP FED EX IF FASTER, BUT THEY ALSO CHARGE A WEEKLY FEE, AS WELL AS SHIPPING CHARGES. I ALWAYS HAVE A SHIPPING CALCULATOR SO YOU CAN DECIDE IF YOU FEEL THE SHIPPING CHARGE IS OKAY WITH YOU. AS FAR AS SHIPPING CHARGES I LET THE POSTAGE CALCULATOR IN THE AUCTION DETERMINE THE AMOUNT, PLUS A 2 TO 5 DOLLAR HANDLING CHARGE TO COVER MATERIALS, LARGE BOXES COST MONEY AND GOOD TAPE IS ALMOST 5.00 PER ROLL, GO TO COSCO. WHY AM I GOING ON AND ON ABOUT THIS? EBAY HAS NOT EDUCATED IT'S BUYERS ABOUT THE STAR SYSTEM, DO YOU REALIZE A 4 IS A NEGATIVE SCORE?IF YOU AVERAGE A 4.1 YOU ARE PROHIBITED FROM SELLING!!! NOBODY INCLUDING MYSELF LIKES TO PAY FOR SHIPPING BUT IT IS A HARD COST. THE BOTTOM LINE IS IF YOU CANNOT COMFORTABLY GIVE MY SALE A 5 IN SHIPPING TIME AND COST, IF I DELIVER AS STATED IN MY AUCTION THEN PLEASE DON'T BID THEM. THANK YOU TO ALL THE BUYERS THAT HAVE GIVEN ME GREAT FEEDBACK.FITMENT APPLICATION FROM OTHER,WE DUE NOT WARRANTY FITMENT

LINDA

2MANYVINTAGEBIKES.
                Not long on patience is she? Gee, I wonder why she's having trouble with feedback.
                Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

WOW!!! Was just looking through his other stuff! He is REALLY proud of his parts!

Also in all his auctions he says, to ask questions before you bid....well cant do that since he disabled peoples ability to contact him....
                  Nathan
                  KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
                  K&N Filter
                  OEM Exhaust
                  ATK Fork Brace
                  LED Dash lights

Green Monster Coils
                  SS Brake Lines

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

He is a she unless his name is Linda.
                    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

I was wrong. Mark it down Greg. I have two fs, one has a vetter 3 but it has the vetter mount. the other is a Pacifico (Yamaha) with the mount in the picture for sale.
                      "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

1980 LG
                      1981 LH

Comment

Originally posted by dpotter58 View Post
                        I was wrong. Mark it down Greg. I have two fs, one has a vetter 3 but it has the vetter mount. the other is a Pacifico (Yamaha) with the mount in the picture for sale.

I'm not sure how I got involved, but, I will most definitly take note.

Bottom line is, the mount listed is for a Pacifico not a vetter and LINDA is wrong. Right?

BTW, I have a Yamaha fairing that is of the Vetter design and it has the much more stable (IMHO) Vetter mount.
                        Last edited by BA80; 01-19-2012, 05:19 PM.
                        Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

I had an interesting encounter with "her...

Dear bm******,its one thing to be a moron,its another to open your mouth and prove it to the world- 2manyvintagebikes Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          To: 2manyvintagebikes
                          Subject: Other: bmill79 sent a message about YAMAHA VETTER FAIRING BRACKET WINDJAMMER XS1100 XS 1100 MOUNT #120845724197
                          Sent Date: Jan-19-12 11:09:51 PST

Dear 2manyvintagebikes,Sorry to inform you that while this bracket may work with a Vetter fairing...It is NOT a Vetter bracket...It is a Pacifico bracket specifically for a Pacifico fairing. I know because I have a vetter mount...so dont tell me you know all about these things when you really dont. I suggest you change your title to say Pacifico mount...cause thats what you've got.- bm******
                          1980 XS650G Special-Two
                          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by natemoen View Post
                            WOW!!! Was just looking through his other stuff! He is REALLY proud of his parts!

Also in all his auctions he says, to ask questions before you bid....well cant do that since he disabled peoples ability to contact him....
                            Waaaay overpriced for 30 year old parts..what chutzpah I would never do any biz with them...and would advise others likewise....caveat emptor
                            1980 XS650G Special-Two
                            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
                              Waaaay overpriced for 30 year old parts..what chutzpah I would never do any biz with them...and would advise others likewise....caveat emptor
                              40 bucks for an old azzed flasher

1980 LG
                              1981 LH

Comment

Working...
                              X