Clearest/Best fiche?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clearest/Best fiche?

Ok, there are a whack of you out there who access various microfiche's for ordering parts or re-assembling parts. Which is your preference for ease of use clear pictures etc? Right now I am stuck with the XS.Uk site one as the ones I have been using are shutting down and moving to newer years. Not that the UK site is not adequate, just looking for some very clear and easy to use sites. If I have to go thru 17 steps to get into it that does not qualify as easy. If it means I get picture perfect fiche's then ok. Let's hear what you use, may help many of us out! Thanks!
    2-79 XS1100 SF
    2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
    80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
    Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Hey Ras,

I use the Official US Yamaha fiche site:

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/parts/home.aspx

First,select to PARTS CATALOG button. Then just a few steps to select MOTORCYCLE, then Year, THen Model, then part section. And you can zoom in, they are decent quality.

T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

This one ain't bad Doug for OEM part #s for about anything.

http://www.ytcn.nl/archief/index.php...L%201950-1996/
      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Thanks guys. The official site has been unavailable to me for some reason for a very long time. Every time I went to it I could not access the fiche. thru the link I can. Maybe something is up with my virus etc that keeps it from showing I will have to check that out. I had forgotten about BA80's site and that is a good one as well. I used to go to jakewilson.com but last visit there was dissapointing to say the least. I am sure there are a few more who have a site they use that they may share.
        2-79 XS1100 SF

Comment

If you use this one, it will tell you if the part is still available, the price, and every other motorcycle that part is used on:

http://www.powersportsplus.com/parts...cle/parts.html
          Marty (in Mississippi)
          XS1100SG
          XS650SK
          XS650SH
          XS650G
          XS6502F
          XS650E

Comment

I like that one.
            Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

was going to suggest another 1 ( bikebandit.com) , but power sports plus i think is actually the best of what has been presented.
              if it has screws in it i am gonna screw with it!

82 XJ1100 "the red baron"
              82 XJ550 "max"
              82 S10 not quite right pickemup "lucy"
              73 honda 750

Comment

Originally posted by Gearsnd View Post
                was going to suggest another 1 ( bikebandit.com) , but power sports plus i think is actually the best of what has been presented.
                Bikethief uses the Yamaha fiche.
                Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

This is the one I use almost exclusively.

Parts Fische
                  Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                  80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                  93 GSX600F
                  80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                  81 XS1100 Special
                  81 CB750 C
                  80 CB750 C
                  78 XS750

Comment

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
                    If you use this one, it will tell you if the part is still available, the price, and every other motorcycle that part is used on:

http://www.powersportsplus.com/parts...cle/parts.html
                    +1
                    thats the one I use, easy to see, viewing area is larger than some, plus I can quickly access other makes and models.
                    81 XS1100H

Comment

Here's the best one ever!

Someone posted this a few months ago and I book marked it so I can use it over and over again.
                      It's got all yamaha makes and years, so no matter what you got, here it is!
                      And it's fully downloadable so you can save it to you harddrive.

Now I also like Boats.net because they'll show you what other bikes those particular parts go to as well which is very helpful when trying to figure out if something is available.
                      Hi, my name is George & I'm a twisty addict!

80G (Green paint(PO idea))
                      The Green Monster
                      K&N A/F, TC's fuse block, '81 oil cooler, TC's homemade 4-2 w/Mac Mufflers, Raptor 660 ACCT
                      Got him in '04.
                      bald tire & borrowing parts

80SG (Black w/red emblems & calipers)
                      Scarlet
                      K&N A/F, TC's fuse block, WJ5, Shoei bags, Raptor 660 ACCT.
                      Got her in '11
                      Ready for the twisties!

81H (previously CPMaynard's)
                      Hugo
                      Full Venturer, Indigo Blue with B/W painted tank.
                      Cold weather ride

Comment

Hmmmmm...........seen that SOME where before..........
                        Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Has anyone a site they use similar to
                          To be able to download the parts fiche. It would seem that this one went away.
                          I bought a new computer and in my rush to transfer things I goofed it up. I used to have all the different models of XS's on my desktop and could bring any or all up at one time. Very nice for comparing what parts fit what. All were PDF files.
                          If anyone has them downloaded (from this site) as I did and could or would share them, I would appreciate it a lot.
                          2-79 XS1100 SF

Comment

http://www.benefiscal.co.uk/partinfo...H7-15456-00-00

http://www.yamahamotorsports.com/spo...starthere.aspx

Comment

Vintage Yamaha Parts Dealer

I use these guys a lot: http://www.nwvcp.com.

They are in Portland, OR. They have all of the Yamaha fiches available on their site. Price and availability shows on the fiche. They ship USPS exclusively. I've had only one issue in three years dealing with them - they corrected a defective part problem immediately. Good guys to deal with.

Mike
                              1981 XS1100H Venturer
                              K&N Air Filter
                              ACCT
                              Custom Paint by Deitz
                              Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
                              Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
                              Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
                              Stebel Nautilus Horn
                              EBC Front Rotors
                              Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike