A bit of unknown history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bit of unknown history

I just learned about what is in the video in the link. A fellow Vietnam veteran passed this on to me. I had never heard this before. Check it out. Watch the video "The German". in it's entirety.

http://biggeekdad.com/2011/11/the-german/
    Can't beat the smell of gas & oil

Interesting, I did not know that. I knew Switzerland was neutral also. But they didn't intern anyone did they?
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

If anyone cares to see a full length movie on the subject watch this.

The Brylcreem Boys 1998 free on HULU Saw it some time back.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/257400/the-brylcreem-boys
      79SF
      XJ11
      78E

Comment

Originally posted by Lonerider62 View Post
        I just learned about what is in the video in the link. A fellow Vietnam veteran passed this on to me. I had never heard this before. Check it out. Watch the video "The German". in it's entirety.
        Hi Lone,
        as Eire was a neutral country in WW2, yes, they interned combatants from both sides.
        But the video?
        That the RAF flew Spitfires from bases in Northern Ireland to defend against Luftwaffe bombing raids on the Belfast shipyards, OK.
        That the ME 109's 1,000 KM range let it fly there from bases in western France? You do the math.
        Fred Hill, S'toon
        XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
        "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

How far is it from Ireland to Norway? CZ

Comment

Originally posted by CaptonZap View Post
            How far is it from Ireland to Norway? CZ
            Deking around Scotland to stay out of radar range? About the same as from Ireland to France deking around Cornwall for the same reason.
            An ME109 would run out of gas way before it ever got home.
            Fred Hill, S'toon
            XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
            "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Working...
            X