Howdy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howdy

Hi all, new '78 xs11 owner, came across the forums and figured I'd better join up. Got a wealth of knowledge from folks over on Suzuki Madura forums when I got back on 2 wheels last fall so figured this should be stop 1. Found this 78 on CL over the weekend for $400 and figured it'd be a good jumping off point for my first major project bike. Missing solenoid, throttle cable, and 1 cone filter but pretty straight otherwise, parts already otw from ebay. Guy said it would fire off a little carb cleaner, (not sure how now that i found solenoid missing and no kick bar) so hopefully I can at least get it mobile for $60 in parts and a good runthrough on carbs.

Figured with the parts availability it'd be a much better bike to learn major repairs/mods on than my maddy. Been a few years since I've had something to turn a wrench on for fun rather than to keep it going, and never did any serious restoration/modding. Should be fun to finally get the chance, and always nice to have kind folks to help ya through it.
    Nate Lintz
    Desperado Truck Lines/MC
    78' XS1100 standard
    85' GV1200 Madura
    08' Wildfire 150SE

Welcome aboard, good luck with your new ride, plenty of info here to get you going.
    2H7 (79)
    3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

We'll tell you everything you need to know, and some extra besides...

Welcome!
      Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
      '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
      '82 XJ rebuild project
      '80SG restified, red SOLD
      '79F parts...
      '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
      '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
      '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
      '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
      Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
      Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

Welcome!

You picked a great bike to fool with. Lots of partsa available & great info on this site.
        Tom Clisham

Age is relative YOU WON"T GET OLD TIL YOU SELL THE BIKE

'78xs1100E ,all stock & original GONE TO WISCONSIN

'80 SG Vetter fairing,hard bags,trunk,fork brace,
        stock headers with fishtail mufflers,black & beautiful GONE TO ARIZONA

79SF lowered,jardine 4/2 exhaust,pod filters,drilled rotors,fork brace, bar hopper

79SF 1 owner,8000 miles, restoring to completely original ( I hope) GONE TO FRANCE

Comment

Working...
        X