Will 750 Tank work with 1100 SH?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will 750 Tank work with 1100 SH?

Has anyone ever put a tank from a 750 on an 1100? They look to be the same size and shape.

Thanks

Don't know about using it on an XS1100, but the XS750 tank will not work on an XJ1100. I've tried it. The tank was too small, and the mounts were totally wrong. Wouldn't even fit over the top of the frame. Might be different on an XS1100 tho. But I kinda doubt it would work without a lot of mods. Maybe someone else will chime in with more info.

John
    82 XJ1100J
    "eXJunk"
    Logansport, IN

Comment

Thanks,

There is a real good deal for a 750 tank on ebay ($25). I hate to get it tho if there is a chance it won't fit. I think I'll wait for one from an 1100 to go up for bid. It is not that I really need one, it was just to have as a spare while I paint my original.

Rick

Comment

750 tank on 1100

The 750 tank will not fit your 1100. I ride an 80 SG, and I also had a 79 XS750 SF and I tried to swap them. No luck. The mounting pockets on the 750 tank are in such a position that the tank would hit the the triple clamps, and also the bottom of the tank hit the top of the valve covers. I suppose one could be modified, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Comment

Working...
        X