Storage Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storage Issues

Over the past couple of years my bike collection has been rapidly growing. I picked up a couple of great deals of parts bikes for just a few dollars. Now I'm getting people asking if I want bikes Not to buy but free. Currently I have 5 xs11's (4 with titles) 2 xj650, xs650, kz750, gz250, cb400ss all in a one car garage. My new issue with offers of 2 more bikes where to end my bike craze. It would be one thing if I knew a lot about bikes or had space to work on them. Right now the bikes are stored in a storage shed minus my normal ride. Made room for one more bike thats now across the doorway. You have to move every bike to get to the back or my stuff stored up on the loft.

I am looking at 2 old garages in town that I might be able to rent. Hopefully not much more than I am paying for the storage unit.
    68 Honda Cl350 (sold)
    76 Honda Cb 400 super sport
    79 special (skull bike)
    79 special (parts bike w/title)
    79 special
    80 standard full dress (Sat 24 years)
    81 special (parts for now trying to get the title)
    81 kaw 750 ltd (sold to brother-in-law)
    80 650 maxim (fixing for wife)
    81 650 maxim
    81 Xs 650 special ( No title found in a barn)
    88 Zx 600r (Sold)
    01 Gz 250

Sometimes its hard for me to decide if one is braggin or complainin.
    Trapped in time. Surrounded by evil. Low on gas.

1980 XS1100G 1179 kit, Tkat brace, progressive springs & shocks, jardine spaghetti, Mikes coils, Geezer's rectifier

Comment

Ahhhhhh.........your gonna need a bigger garage.

I have a big 2 car.....excuse me.....multiple motorcycle garage and I have to climb over stuff to do anything.

Maybe we need an intervention.
      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Looks like it's time to start a Cycle recycle business! If people want to give you bikes, you might was well make some money from them!
        1980 XS850SG - Sold
        1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
        Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
        Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
        -H. Ford

Comment

there is a thin line between collecting and hoarding!
          testing 1-2-3

1980 1100 mns

Comment

LOL it would be considered bragging if all the bikes are running and ride able. As they sit right now only one starts but will not keep running. That is part of my problem looking for more room to work on them. There is 2 garages in town for sale and have been for a few years. One use to be an old body shop maybe 6 car that the owner passed away and its been sitting untouched for almost 3 years. I called the widow and she gave me a price to buy it but its way out of my $$. I asked if she would be willing to rent it out just waiting for a reply. The other was a smaller morton building with a stove heater. No answer at the number on the door. My parents are checking on who was the last owner.
            68 Honda Cl350 (sold)
            79 special (skull bike)
            79 special
            81 650 maxim
            88 Zx 600r (Sold)
            01 Gz 250

Comment

Well made progress on the 2 buildings. The moron building is 30x50, Heated floors and a stove heater. They are asking 60k! Ouch way out of anything I could even begin to think of. The old Body shop is a cinder block building with metal roof 40x70. huge air compressor 4'tall 8' long and about 4' wide. building is 3 phase electric with several 220 outlets for welders. Asking price was 27k but while chatting with the widow she dropped it to 15k and is willing to work with me. Sounds like she just wants to get rid of it. It has an office, big garage heater and a furnace for the old paint booth room. Dad would like to do some hobbies in the space also. will keep you posted on my space issues as they get worked out.
              68 Honda Cl350 (sold)
              79 special (skull bike)
              79 special
              81 650 maxim
              88 Zx 600r (Sold)
              01 Gz 250

Comment

I would just add, make sure you get a building inspection just like you wild a house before you buy just so you know something about the building.
                Nathan
                KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
                K&N Filter
                #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
                OEM Exhaust
                ATK Fork Brace
                LED Dash lights
                Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
                SS Brake Lines
                Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Sounds like a high quality problem to me..!!
                  1980G Standard, Restored
                  Kerker 4 - 1
                  850 Rear End Mod
                  2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
                  Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
                  Automatic CCT
                  1980GH Special, Restored
                  Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
                  '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
                  Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

Working...
                  X