Thanksgiving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanksgiving

After watching TV coverage of the holiday weekend, I thought it might be appropriate if we re-named the holiday itself.

BLACK FRIDAY EVE would seem more fitting.
    Tom Clisham

Age is relative YOU WON"T GET OLD TIL YOU SELL THE BIKE

'78xs1100E ,all stock & original GONE TO WISCONSIN

'80 SG Vetter fairing,hard bags,trunk,fork brace,
    stock headers with fishtail mufflers,black & beautiful GONE TO ARIZONA

79SF lowered,jardine 4/2 exhaust,pod filters,drilled rotors,fork brace, bar hopper

79SF 1 owner,8000 miles, restoring to completely original ( I hope) GONE TO FRANCE

Isn't that whole thing totally NUTS!

I've got a bestbuy right around the corner from my house and they were out there Wed afternoon!
    The store didn't open til midnight. (That's over 30hrs out there and it got cold too.)

All that to save a few bucks on a TV? (or get the super phone ?!?)

Maybe in my younger days.
    Hi, my name is George & I'm a twisty addict!

80G (Green paint(PO idea))
    The Green Monster
    K&N A/F, TC's fuse block, '81 oil cooler, TC's homemade 4-2 w/Mac Mufflers, Raptor 660 ACCT
    Got him in '04.
    bald tire & borrowing parts

80SG (Black w/red emblems & calipers)
    Scarlet
    K&N A/F, TC's fuse block, WJ5, Shoei bags, Raptor 660 ACCT.
    Got her in '11
    Ready for the twisties!

81H (previously CPMaynard's)
    Hugo
    Full Venturer, Indigo Blue with B/W painted tank.
    Cold weather ride

Comment

Isn't that whole thing totally NUTS!

Pretty much............some gal out there in Cali pepper sprayed some folks in order to get to the deals first...........craziness...
      81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

The local Target and Best Buy store managers got fined for opening at Midnight because of local laws that prohibit retail stores from being open from 11pm to 6am. Of course, the fines were only $100, and the corporate offices will pay the fines, but I don't understand why anyone needs that much extra time to shop that the stores would break local laws to open that early.
        1980 XS850SG - Sold
        1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
        Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
        Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
        -H. Ford

Comment

Round here there were tents set up ont he lots of most stores, some managers had their peopel handing out water and snacks to the folks waiting in line.

Every year they open earlier and earlier. Why, becuase they get the first stab at people's money that way. They come to your store first and spend the money. Whats funny about it is that I went out Friday afternoon, all was calm and quiet, all the raving lunatics were at home sleeping off the morning. My 18yo Daughter left the house Thursday night at 10 PM and did not get back until 11am Friday. She was up for over 24 hours, to shop!! It must be in the plumbing, I would stay up that long in order to AVOID shopping!!
          Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
          80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
          93 GSX600F
          80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
          81 XS1100 Special
          81 CB750 C
          80 CB750 C
          78 XS750

Comment

My sister sent me an Email. It was a repost from a couple of her friends in Europe.

I paraphrase:
            Isn't Thanksgiving now called Black Friday? That's the day Martin Luther King freed the slaves!

I guess they're no smarter over there than we are here.
            Pat Kelly
            <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
            1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
            2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
            1999 Suburban (The Ship)
            1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
            1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Working...
            X