Biltwel Inc. looks like a good vendor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biltwel Inc. looks like a good vendor

Hi guys, just wanted to put a good word out about Biltwell motorcycle parts. I'm ordering a set of bars from them as well as an exhaust kit. Everything that I've read about the quality of their stuff has been excellent and the price is very good too. The best part is their customer service. I left a message with a question and a guy from their company called me and spent lots of time explaining things that I had asked about and was super nice to boot. I'll let you know about the bars when they come in. Biltwellinc.com
    '79 XS11 Special, fork gaiters, Uni pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, ditched the octy, solo seat, T kat fork brace

Purrs like a kitten, runs like a scalded cat

I hope you didn't buy these for your XS..... 1" bars won't fit....

Same goes for the exhaust kit; that 1.75" diameter pipe (if used from the head back) will kill your low-end power and make the bike almost impossible to tune.
    Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
    '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
    '82 XJ rebuild project
    '80SG restified, red SOLD
    '79F parts...
    '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
    '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
    '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
    '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
    Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
    Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

Steve is right, stock handlebar are 7/8" so you would need all new controls plus adapters for the mount if you were to use their stuff.

For the exhaust the actual inside diameter is more like 1"- maybe 1.2". Opening the pipes up like that on these engines just KILLS the bottom end, bad.
      Nathan
      KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
      K&N Filter
      #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
      OEM Exhaust
      ATK Fork Brace
      LED Dash lights
      Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
      SS Brake Lines
      Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

But I did like the bottle-opener timing cover....
        Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
        '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
        '82 XJ rebuild project
        '80SG restified, red SOLD
        '79F parts...
        '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
        '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
        '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
        '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
        Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
        Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

I should have mentioned these are for my Suzuki Savage project BTW another place that has a bunch of interesting stuff is phatperformanceparts.com. I haven't ordered from them yet but I do have a bunch of stuff in my cart right now. Good prices, free shipping aover 99 bucks and 5% off right now. Plus they have the Builtwell bars for less $$ than Builtwell sells them for. Worth a look if you like to customize.
          Last edited by 11Rider; 11-13-2011, 06:31 AM.
          '79 XS11 Special, fork gaiters, Uni pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, ditched the octy, solo seat, T kat fork brace

Purrs like a kitten, runs like a scalded cat

Comment

Working...
          X