Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fraudulent emails from PayPal

Hey there Everybody,

Just wanted to send out this warning. I received an email that said it was from PayPal.com, asking me to verify my personal and financial information, by clicking on a supplied link! Funny thing, this email was sent to my Hotmail account, and I had only given Paypal my "real" email address.

Paypal reports that they have received complaints about these emails, and have a SPOOF email link to send copies to that anybody receives. They state that they never request that type of info in an email, and you shouldn't give out that info to any web page that has a link to it in any email requesting such info. Just an FYI.

Let's be careful out there, identity thefts are getting pretty slick!

T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

I get the same ones for ebay too... never answer any of their emails
    Shawn
    78 XS1100E "Black Rat"
    78 XS1100E Parts
    www.hotrod1972.com

Comment

Yep. I get those "eBay account verification" emails all the time. I always forward them to "spoof@ebay.com". They always turn out to be false. Just the other day I got one of these from Earthlink. The funny part is that the message showed it came from an MSN address, and the "reply-to" was also an MSN addy. Apparently whoever it was wasn't smart enough to realize that the MSN addy would be a dead giveaway that it wasn't really from Earthlink! Doh!

John
      82 XJ1100J
      "eXJunk"
      Logansport, IN

Comment

i too have had these e mails and found that they contained a worm virus . the e mail said that i didnt have to reply ,but i did and sent them their own virus back plus a little something of my own,given to me by a friend. Ive not heard from them since!!!!!
        trashed-it_triked-it

Comment

One more reason that I'm glad I run Mac's. And I don't run ANYTHING from MS on them. I don't worry about email viruses or worms. That stuff just goes into my Junk mail folder and then gets deleted.

John
          82 XJ1100J
          "eXJunk"
          Logansport, IN

Comment

I just forward them to spoof@paypal.com and spoof@ebay.com, right now it is the best you can do.
            Gary Granger
            Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
            2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

Working...
            X